Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saranac
Reel Rookie

"Paramount + on the Roku Channel" is not working.

I've had this subscription since September 2023, and have had it set to auto-renew. My auto-renew was scheduled for the 9th; today (January 8th) is the last day.

I went in this evening, and was trying to continue watching Star Trek Discovery, and it tells me that I need to subscribe to Paramount + to watch.

I have reset the Roku device, and still, it will not let me into this show. I can access other programs, but not this one. There is no option to delete the app ("Paramount + on the Roku Channel"), so I cannot delete it and reinstall.

As a result, I cancelled my auto-renew today so that I'm not charged tomorrow for something that won't work. I'd still like to finish this program, though. What gives?

17 REPLIES 17
Jakpro
Channel Surfer

Re: "Paramount + on the Roku Channel" is not working.

I am having the same exact issue. I have tried everything for the past hour.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jakpro @Saranac,

Welcome, and thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience and value your feedback about the difficulty you had using your premium subscriptions to access some content on Paramount Plus.

We'll need your assistance as well as reinforcement from the relevant Roku team in order to aid.

Please let us know the information below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Jakpro
Channel Surfer

Device: TCLR617

Hardware ID: 7120X

Serial Number: US004Y833390

Software 12.5.0 build 4176-30

ID 90-017-303

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Jakpro,

Thanks for your prompt response!

We'll forward this over to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We'll make sure to get back here and let you know with an update.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Saranac
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately, I wasn't willing to wait for a response while being billed for a service that was no longer working, so I unsubscribed. I cannot offer any other information.

Jakpro
Channel Surfer

I am still having this issue. It has not been resolved. The only show that I cannot watch is Star Trek Discovery.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jakpro,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku community!
We'd love to investigate this issue further. May we know if you're getting any error messages or codes? Is this the only content on the Paramount+ channel that is not working?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jakpro
Channel Surfer

No error message. It tells me that I need a subscription which I already pay for. This is the only title on Paramount + that I cannot watch. I was able to watch the first three seasons and part of season 4 of Star Trek Discovery prior to this issue occurring.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jakpro,

Thank you for updating us!
May we know if you are directly subscribed to the channel provider or through Roku Pay for confirmation?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos