Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

motortrend went away March 25 but I got charged a renewal fee on April 1??

Jump to solution

motortrend went away March 25 but I got charged a renewal fee on April 1?? I didn't automatically get a Discovery+ account so what gives? Roku support Sucks!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: motortrend went away March 25 but I got charged a renewal fee on April 1??

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community, @Jake72gs455!

We understand that you're having an issue with your Roku account, and we're here to help!

Please note that MotorTrend on The Roku Channel is now being integrated with Discovery+ on The Roku Channel. As a valued subscriber, you can still access most of the MotorTrend content. However, all subscriptions are set to auto-renew by default.

In order to cancel your subscription, you need to turn off the auto-renew feature prior to the start of your next billing cycle. In case you have subscribed for a free trial, please remember to cancel your subscription before the trial period expires to avoid being charged for the recurring subscription.

Here are the steps to cancel your subscription billed through Roku Pay:

1. Sign in to your Roku account and go to Subscriptions
  2. Under Active subscriptions, select the subscription you want to cancel and select Turn off auto-renew
  3. Continue to use your subscription until the end of your current billing cycle

If you need further assistance with canceling your subscription, please don't hesitate to contact our official Roku support team. They will gladly assist you and provide all the necessary information.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if you still have any questions.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: motortrend went away March 25 but I got charged a renewal fee on April 1??

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community, @Jake72gs455!

We understand that you're having an issue with your Roku account, and we're here to help!

Please note that MotorTrend on The Roku Channel is now being integrated with Discovery+ on The Roku Channel. As a valued subscriber, you can still access most of the MotorTrend content. However, all subscriptions are set to auto-renew by default.

In order to cancel your subscription, you need to turn off the auto-renew feature prior to the start of your next billing cycle. In case you have subscribed for a free trial, please remember to cancel your subscription before the trial period expires to avoid being charged for the recurring subscription.

Here are the steps to cancel your subscription billed through Roku Pay:

1. Sign in to your Roku account and go to Subscriptions
  2. Under Active subscriptions, select the subscription you want to cancel and select Turn off auto-renew
  3. Continue to use your subscription until the end of your current billing cycle

If you need further assistance with canceling your subscription, please don't hesitate to contact our official Roku support team. They will gladly assist you and provide all the necessary information.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if you still have any questions.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos