Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skyview1
Reel Rookie

Re: incorrect Contec address to return my remote

Jump to solution

The postal service has their street listed as 5925 Padre Island Hwy not 5925 E 14th St.

When you look at the google map E 14th changes to Padre Island Hwy as you zoom in.

Also Contec llc. uses the 5925 Padre Island Hwy address.

I printed a label with the new street address but also wrote the original one at the bottom of the USPS label just in case.

I had just about given up on the return, but decided to give it another try.

After paying the shipping cost, it's a lot of work to get a lousy $10.  back.

0 Kudos
law15

Jump to solution

I just wanted to add that this weekend I initiated a return of a Roku sound bar (terrible sound quality - but that's a topic for another post) and was also given the 5925 E 14th St Ste C address by Roku for the return.  I asked an immediate family member who is a 40+ year USPS employee about the issue we're all having, i.e. being told by USPS that the address is invalid and that a different address is the registered address for Contec/Roku.  

My family member indicated that the 5925 E 14th St Ste C address Roku is giving us all is very likely a new address THAT THE COMPANY HAS FAILED TO PROPERLY REGISTER WITH USPS.  He suggested I use the 5925 E 14th St Ste C address - add it to the box, or somehow fix it on the label after printing.  He also emphasized the importance of including my address as the return address in the event confusion occurs (acknowledging, of course, that this all is not a solution to the issue; however, it's the best he can suggest without the ability to force Roku to get with the program here). 

Someone at Roku needs to go through the process of properly registering the correct address with USPS - the responsibility for this problem falls squarely on their shoulders.  Until then, this confusion will happen.  And, in the meantime, quite frankly, Roku allowing customer return issues like this to continue potentially places them in the crosshairs for a class action.

0 Kudos
moni613

Jump to solution

Hello. Has anyone gotten this corrected? I can't reach anyone on chat and USPS keeps kicking the address back when trying to process a label. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Skyview1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

use "Padre Island Hwy" instead of "E 14th St" and it will process.   It's Contec's address,

0 Kudos
Maddog949
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello all.  I needed to return a new remote because of an error in the purchasing system (browser error caused the order to be processed twice).  I had the same issue and previously posted in this group.   I took a chance and sent the return to the address below with the RMA written in marker on the outside of the package.  The package was delivered and I was refunded within a week.   I will cautiously share that this is the correct address for Roku returns:  

CONTEC
c/o Roku Inc.
5925 PADRE ISLAND HWY STE C
BROWNSVILLE, TX 78521-4487
United States

kat37

Jump to solution

I am finding it impossible to find a VALID phone number (not a scam number!).  I have hound that the TX address is incorrect as well!  So how do I get my money back?  I am very frustrated!

0 Kudos
RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention. We appreciate your feedback and will take the necessary steps to address the issue.

We would like to inform you that the address you have provided is accurate and valid. Although there seems to be an issue with the USPS online system as it has not yet updated the address in its database, rest assured that USPS will still be able to accept your package and deliver it to the intended destination. Despite the online discrepancy, the address we provided will be recognized and your package will be delivered successfully to our warehouse.

Hope this helps clarify. Thank you!

Regards,
Reyn

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KMcCoy33
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm not sure this is a solution for USPS not allowing you to print a label as it addresses neither the problem being experienced or telling us if the provided address is the new, updated address.

USPS says address validation should update within 6 weeks for new address locations like new construction. We don't know if the address Roku is providing is an old address or new, either could be related to a street name change.

This should not have been marked as the solution.

Just tell us to use the old/new address, and what that is, if the one provided doesn't work.

The solution for now is what others have done by printing the label with the accepted address and then writing the Roku provided address on the box in addition. You can't print a USPS label with an address it shows as invalid. So sure, "send to the address provided" would be great if you could print a label with that address.

0 Kudos
eboyle132
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I almost threw a fit at UPS for changing the address I requested from '5925 E 14th St Ste C' to '5925 S 14TH HWY Ste C' in their system. Turns out when you google-map them it's the same warehouse. My package should be arriving tomorrow, I'll update if everything goes smoothly or not. Either way, packaging and shipping was $17 for a Roku Stick & remote. This is the only big-name company I've dealt with that has EVER asked for its customers to pay for a return on a clearly defective product. And it put us through this confusion on top of that? Taking notes. 

lsl53
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I also went to Post Office, and they could not find "5925 E 14th St Ste C, Brownsville, TX 78521" in their system.  So I read every post in this thread and came up with the correct mailing address.

I brought the package back to the Post Office, with the address:

CONTEC   
c/o Roku Inc.
5925 S. PADRE ISLAND HWY STE C
BROWNSVILLE, TX 78521-4487

The Post Office system recognized this address, generated a label, charged me $5.55 (from New England), which included $100 insurance and a tracking number.

If the Helpdesk (or was it AI-desk) had only taken the time to make an internal phone call, it would have saved a lot of confusion and hard feelings for everyone.  After all, a company's support is perfect when all's well, and a reflection on the company when it's needed.

0 Kudos