Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ldamon
Reel Rookie

hooking roku express up to older westinghouse tv

Jump to solution

Could someone walk me though the steps to hook roku express up to tv model ltv32w3hd? its a 2008 westinghouse

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: hooking roku express up to older westinghouse tv

Jump to solution

If the TV doesn’t have an HDMI input then you need to buy the older Roku which comes with A/V cables. They are not manufactured or sold new anymore. But you can find them on Amazon. But they cost $150. Any reason you want to use such an old TV?

Roku Express+ | HD Streaming Media Player, Includes HDMI and Composite Cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M2AJZ5P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_N0VTEEZQCYDQBYC206QP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If the TV doesn’t have an HDMI input then you need to buy the older Roku which comes with A/V cables. They are not manufactured or sold new anymore. But you can find them on Amazon. But they cost $150. Any reason you want to use such an old TV?

Roku Express+ | HD Streaming Media Player, Includes HDMI and Composite Cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M2AJZ5P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_N0VTEEZQCYDQBYC206QP

0 Kudos
ldamon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

tysm

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@ldamon 

If you really need to connect a Roku device to an old TV with composite inputs, it would be cheaper to get an HDMI to Composite adapter. They're in the $20 price range.

But do you? That model TV also has an HDMI input.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/190203/Westinghouse-Ltv-27w6-Hd.html?page=13#manual

http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/Westinghouse-LTV_32w3_HD.htm

Why not simply connect to that input?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

ldamon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Tysm..i appreciate the help. I tried to figure this out all day yesterday. I have the HDMI cord plugged into that port and the screen turns blk like it's on but there's no picture on the screen. It's got me stumped 

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I assume that you are positive that the TV is set to the right input, and that the Roku is powered up? Do you happen to have any other devices (like blu-ray players etc.) that you could hook to that port as a test?

ldamon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don't....tysm for ur help

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@ldamon 

Lets give this a shot.  (using suggestions from @DBDukes and @Strega )

1. Plug the HDMI cable into both your Roku device and to the back of your TV. (make sure they are nice and tight).

2. Make sure you plug the power cable from your Roku device into the wall. (look for a blue light on the Roku device).  

3. Make sure sure your TV is plugged into the wall.

4. Using your Westinghouse TV remote, turn the TV on.

5. Using the Westinghouse TV remote, press the "Input" button. (located between volume and channel buttons).  When you press that button, a little box should appear labeled "MP" showing you all the available inputs.  Using either the "Input" button, or the "Down" arrow button, scroll down until "HDMI" is highlighted.  Either press the "Enter" button or wait a few seconds and this should switch you automatically to your HDMI port.

6. If you do not see any picture, then try and remove HDMI cable and reinsert.  Using the Roku remote try and pressing the Home button. (you may have to pair remote first but hopefully already automatically paired during setup).

-----

Did any of the above help you.  If you followed the above steps and do not have another TV to test the Roku device on, or alternatively, any other HDMI device to plug into your Westinghouse TV, going to be difficult to isolate whether this is a device issue or a TV issue (bad hdmi port).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102