Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Denise2023

Won’t let me play a channel I subscribed to

I signed up for Acorn on my Roku. It won’t let me play the series I want. I get a message that says You have already subscribed. Need to sign in. Not sure what that mean. Roku site says I don’t have a subscription. Help. How do I cancel if I don’t have an account? Thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Won’t let me play a channel I subscribed to

Did you subscribe through "Acorn on The Roku Channel" or through the Acorn stand-alone channel/app?  They're not the same, but I would think either subscription should show up in your account at https://my.roku.com .  Just make sure you're logging in using the email address that's displayed on your Roku device under Settings->System->About.

If you subscribed through the stand-alone channel/app, you should be able to highlight the icon on the Roku Home Screen, press * on your Roku remote, and a "Manage subscription" option should be there.  If you manage to get it canceled, do yourself a favor and subscribe directly with Acorn to avoid the issues many have with subscriptions through Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.