Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I paying $6.99 a month subscription for Roku when my neighbor is paying nothing?

I'm not sure I in the right place, button talking to a neighbor who also bought a Roku stick, he pays nothing beyond the purchase price. I on the other hand pay $6.99 a month. Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
davidjazz
Roku Guru

Re: Why am I paying $6.99 a month subscription for Roku when my neighbor is paying nothing?

Roku does not charge to use its hardware. Did you sign up for pay channel? Check on the Roku accounts page.

If not, you are being scammed. Did you google a "Roku" link when you set up the Roku Stick? If so, you were linked to a scammer website. Scammers can put any company name on credit card charges.

Call your bank and cancel your credit card.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Why am I paying $6.99 a month subscription for Roku when my neighbor is paying nothing?

@Limitedviewer Login to your Roku account on a computer or phone and check your subscriptions.  I would also suggest setting up a pin to make purchases while logged in