Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Why am I getting notifications from one or more of the channels I've subscribed to?

I just received a notification on my iPhone from Plex. I have it as one of my channels, on my Roku TV.  I'm not sure how it knows my phone number, as I'm not signed in directly to the channel. But how can I stop it, or other channels from sending me various notifications, that I really don't want to be getting?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why am I getting notifications from one or more of the channels I've subscribed to?

It's entirely possible that text message is a scam. I've received a number of such text messages recently for various reasons. It's usually pretty obvious when the link they provide doesn't go to the public web site for that service. For example, if you did get that from Plex the web site would be plex.tv. 

I got one just yesterday claiming to be the US Post Office saying I had a package that the address label was damaged so they couldn't deliver it. My response: if they couldn't make out the address, how would they know to contact me about it? Naturally, I didn't actually respond to the message, just reported it as junk and deleted it. And it's really funny when I get scam phone calls and I point out to them that they have called a US Government cell phone. 😄

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.