Account, payments & subscriptions

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lovebee
Level 7

Why am I being charged for something that is free

Not only am I being charged for something that is free but I was charged $46 to help me cancel something that I've been paying for it that's free and I still can't unsubscribe to it or get the proper help to cancel my Roku subscription

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
MilesT
Level 14

Re: Why am I being charged for something that is free

Do you know who you actually signed up with? 

There have been some scammers pretending to be Roku.

If no success..talk to your bank or credit card company.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Why am I being charged for something that is free

Hi @Lovebee,

We appreciate you reaching out to the Roku Community!

Note: Subscriptions purchased directly from a service provider or otherwise purchased outside the Channel Store or The Roku Channel will not appear on the Subscriptions page. Contact your service provider directly with any subscription or billing questions.

For more information about how to manage your subscription, visit our Support page here: How do I unsubscribe or cancel my subscription? | Official Roku Support
For further assistance with account and billing-related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos