Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patmcd

Why am I being charged $8.99 a month for Roku

Why am I being charged $8.99 a month for Roku? I thought it was free if you don’t subscribe to any channels.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why am I being charged $8.99 a month for Roku

Hi @Patmcd,

Thanks for contacting us regarding the monthly charge you've experienced!

Please be advised that no subscription fee is required to use any of Roku's features, whether you buy a Roku player, Roku TV, or Roku Soundbar. However, Roku lets you access many streaming services without requiring a subscription. Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Max, and Hulu are popular subscription-based content examples.

You can also view and check the charges on your account; this link will help you out: How to review your purchase history and charges to your Roku account.

Also, you can contact our Account-Billing team for further assistance with charges, as they are the best ones who can further assist you. You can visit them here. Choose the "Account, payments & subscriptions" category. There should be an option to talk to one of our live representatives.

Please keep us posted if there are any other concerns.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LP10

I notice that I have been getting charges for Roku that I don't use would like for those payments to be reinstalled  back to my account 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LP10,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're running into.

As per verifying, you do have subscriptions to some channels under Roku. May we know what specific Roku feature or content you've been charged for? You can browse here for more information on how to view your purchase history and charges to your Roku account.

You can also refer to @RokuJechealR's above post explaining how using certain Roku features is free unless you're a subscriber to a certain premium streaming channel. As previously indicated, we strongly suggest you get in touch with our account-billing team directly because they are the most efficient in resolving problems with unrecognized charges.

Kindly keep us in the loop.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dp66

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dp66,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding your unrecognized charges on Roku. Have you reached out to the Account-Billing team?

Please reach out to them directly to be better assisted since they are the specialized department to best cater to your inquiry.

Let us know if there's anything else that we can do to assist. Thank you!

Best regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
skhertel

I had this same issue last year (2023), and I had no subscriptions. I caught it after several months of being charged $8.99 and several discussions with Roku were unable to resolve it -- they just continued to say I wasn't being charged. They confirmed I had no subscriptions to anything, so I flagged the charges with my credit card company as fraudulent and they stopped. Never knew what the cause was. 

0 Kudos