Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaki
Channel Surfer

Where is my account located

I'd like to know, where my Roku-Account is located.

I found out that my problem (no seach bar in main menu) may be solved by creating another account, that is located in a country where Roko-products are sold.

But I'm pretty sure that my account was created in germany, without any VPN or something. So, before I delete and recreate my account, i'd like to know, where it is located right know.

Does anyone know, how to find out?

An why do some countrys have no search bar?

I can understand that some apps are not available elsewhere. But... no search function? Thats crazy.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Where is my account located

I don't know if this is foolproof, but try this:

Log into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com .  Once you're logged in then go to https://channelstore.roku.com .  Down in the bottom right corner of the page there should be a "Country Selector" that should be set to the country of your Roku account.  You may want to clear your browser cookies before you start.

I can't even take a stab at your other questions.  Roku operates in mysterious ways.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jaki
Channel Surfer

I've read and tried that suggestion once before on my notebook and again on my mobile today.

The button sais:

''Please choose your country or region'', but Germany is not availiable and if I choose another county, nothing happens at all.

For everyone who finds this thread because he or she searches for a search function in the main menu of roku:

we made another account and connected our device to it and now everything works fine. 

So if you have the problem that the channels you found in the roku store disappear as soon as you log in to your account: make a new one!

Still I'd like to know, where my account is located an why I'm not allowed to change.

Whats if I move to another country?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I don't know why Germany wouldn't show up, but there's no way to change the location of an existing account.  If you move you have to create a new account in your new location and factory reset your device(s) to link them to that account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos