Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mfin
Reel Rookie

When I try to watch Showtime it forces me to change to annual plan.

Signed up for paramount+ and showtime at monthly rate. When I try to watch a showtime show I’m redirected to plan change screen and annual plan is all that can be selected. IOW to watch showtime it’s trying to force to select annual plan. What gives?

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: When I try to watch Showtime it forces me to change to annual plan.

I'm not real familiar with these bundles, but is this something you subscribed to directly with Paramount?  If so, don't try to watch through "The Roku Channel"  Have you tried the stand-alone channel/app?

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/32b338eebb16d1de34870b6b1d674911/paramount-plus

If you subscribed directly with Paramount, they would probably be the best ones to answer your question, but you can always try the old remove/reboot/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight the channel on your Home Screen, Press *, choose "Remove channel"
  2. Restart your device from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (as appropriate).
  3. Reinstall the Paramount+ channel from "Streaming store" or "Streaming channels" or whatever they're calling it these days.

The next time you launch the Paramount+ channel/app it should ask you to sign in again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

There is no longer a Paramount+/Showtime bundle. As of June 27 or so, Showtime is part of the standard Paramount+ subscription, which is why the price went up $1 (ad-supported) or $2 (ad-free). In a few months, the standalone Showtime app will be disabled by Paramount.

0 Kudos
Jmmonte
Reel Rookie

Have you found a solution?  I’m having this exact issue

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community, @Jmmonte!

Thanks for sharing your concern with us. We'd like to know more about this so that we may be able to find you the best resolution possible.

Just to be clear, are you referring to the Showtime Anytime app on your Roku streaming device being inaccessible and/or requesting a subscription? If so, do you subscribe to it through Roku or through the app itself? Furthermore, may we know how you are trying to access the app? Is it directly from the standalone app or through The Roku Channel?

The best course of action will be suggested once we have a better understanding of the situation. We'll be anticipating your response!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jmmonte
Reel Rookie

I subscribed to Paramount plus with Showtime through Roku 

I can now access shows through the app on my phone but when I try to play a show on my Roku app, it prompts me to pay annually. This month is paid for as of Sunday 9/24 but I haven’t been able to watch anything on my television 

0 Kudos
emilbrown

I am having this same problem with the paramount+ app.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We're grateful to have you here at the Roku Community, @emilbrown!

No worries. We'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution possible. 

May we first know where you purchased your subscription? Is it under Roku or directly from the app? If it is directly from the app, we highly suggest contacting their Customer Support regarding this matter. You can also contact their direct line at 1-888-274-5343.

Let us know if you need further clarification or are in need of any assistance. We'd be more than happy to continue doing so. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
wellplayedwines
Reel Rookie

I am having the exact same problem.  Subscribed to the Paramount+ w/ SHOWTIME yesterday 10/16 - it is billed through my ROKU account monthly - $11.99/mo.  Won't let me watch Showtime - shows all the shows as locked and prompts me to change my monthly subscription to an annual subscription - this is crazy.  tried it 4 different times on 2 different Roku devices with log ins and log outs and device resets- nothing works.  

Please assist - I only got the subscription in order to watch Showtime so it is useless right now.

Thank you!

Megan M.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Are you using the Paramount+ app or through The Roku Channel? If the direct app doesn't work, cancel the Roku subscription and sign up DIRECTLY with Paramount+. Direct subscriptions fix 99% of login and access problems, and guarantees you can use that subscription on most any device, not just Roku.

0 Kudos