Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RayDL

Unknown $10 charge from Roku

Jump to solution

I have received a $10 charge on my bank account and I haven’t ordered anything. Please explain why was I charged this amount and not notified for what was the charge for and also I’ve been trying to discontinue Paramount Plus subscription and it won’t allow me to.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Unknown $10 charge from Roku

Jump to solution

Hi @RayDL

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Log into your account at https://my.roku.com where you can View your purchases and Manage your subscriptions.  Some people have more than one Roku account without realizing it, so if you have multiple devices check the email addresses shown under Settings->System->About and if they differ you'll have to check each account.

You can also add a PIN to your account to prevent purchases:
https://my.roku.com/account/pin

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @RayDL

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
erosej
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've had the same random charge however it's been changing me $10/month for the past almost 2 years. I've gone to Manage Subscriptions and it says I've never had any nor do I now. I've tried getting into contact with someone from Roku but I can't get anyone on the phone or get anyone to actually help me. I've even cancelled the debit card that was linked to my account. I'm not sure why no one can figure out how to stop billing me. At this point, I feel like I'm going to be paying Roku for the rest of my life because I can't figure out how to stop getting charged.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@erosej If you cancelled the debit card where is the charge going?  To a credit card?  Are you sure that you do not have another Roku account with a different email address?

0 Kudos
erosej
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The charge is going to my checking account. I don’t recall ever entering my checking information. I’ve also checked all of my other emails for any signs of a different account and I can’t find any.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If you didn’t enter any checking account information, then I can’t imagine how Roku could just “invent” that information.  All you need to setup a Roku account is an email address and I know of no way to translate an email address to a name, bank routing number, and bank account number.  If there was, I don’t think anyone would email anyone!

It seems far more likely that you or someone close to you set that up.  How many Rokus have you had?  Do you still have them? Have you gone to settings -> system -> about to check that they were all on the same account? Have you ever set up a friend’s or family member’s Roku on your account?

Have you contacted the bank? 

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos