Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TeenyNFurballs
Reel Rookie

Unauthorized account showed up on Max app

Jump to solution

Upon opening my Max app this evening, an entirely different user account popped up on my TV. I logged in via my laptop and determined that my account was still my original settings. I then went back to the TV app and opened "settings" to find it was signed in as a different account. Any idea how and why another user could get access to my Roku? I have used a streaming stick for years and never had an issue before. The device is in my home which is only accessed by my significant other and myself.

I changed my Wifi and Max passwords. Nothing else seems to be affected, though. What do I need to be on the lookout for? Was I hacked?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unauthorized account showed up on Max app

Jump to solution

Hi @TeenyNFurballs,

Thanks for the response!

Please be advised that channel logins and authentications are handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest contacting Max's customer support team to report the issue and get help. They can resolve the error you are having with the channel.

You can contact them here: Max Support.

Moreover, if you need help with the charge, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. Contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the option for "Account, payment, & subscriptions," and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

In addition, you can also check the charges on your account, and this link will help you out: How to review your purchase history and charges to your Roku account.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TeenyNFurballs,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your channel access issues on your Max account, and we understand your sentiments regarding this.

Did you check if anybody knows about your Max credentials? Have you tried reaching out directly to Max about the security of your account?

It is good to always create a strong password for your subscriptions and also for your Roku account. To create extra measures on your Roku account, check out this support article on how to create a strong and secure password for your Roku account.

We value your security and privacy when streaming. Let us know if there's anything else that we can do to assist.

Sincerely,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TeenyNFurballs
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuEuniceL thanks for your response. There would be no reason that anyone else should have my Max password. And I don't think that was the issue, a completely different user was logged in to Max via my Roku stick.

In my mind, this was an issue with my Roku account, because my Max account was untouched. When I logged in from my laptop and phone the Max account was normal.

I have since changed my passwords on my WiFi, Roku, and Max accounts. I haven't had any issues since then, but this was still quite alarming. 

0 Kudos
Tashy4

Jump to solution

I also have an unauthorized account with the Max App and a subscription that I never purchased. How was my info hacked? I need a refund and cancellation. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TeenyNFurballs,

Thanks for the response!

Please be advised that channel logins and authentications are handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest contacting Max's customer support team to report the issue and get help. They can resolve the error you are having with the channel.

You can contact them here: Max Support.

Moreover, if you need help with the charge, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. Contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the option for "Account, payment, & subscriptions," and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

In addition, you can also check the charges on your account, and this link will help you out: How to review your purchase history and charges to your Roku account.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos