Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeanne713

Unable to log into discovery plus

Jump to solution

I have a subcription to discovery plus through roku but have apparenlty been watching from an account that isnt mine. I logged out of it and now cannot log in. I am using my roku email address and password is correct but it tries to make me subscribe again.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to log into discovery plus

Jump to solution

Are you sure you have a subscription through Roku?  Does it show up at https://my.roku.com under your subscriptions when you log in using the email address that's displayed on your Roku device under Settings->System->About?  Have you tried accessing it through The Roku Channel?  A subscription to something through The Roku Channel isn't good on the stand-alone app and vice versa.

If you subscribe to something through Roku, you don't have to sign in on any device that's linked to the same Roku account.  In addition, you never need to enter your Roku credentials to sign into any app - no provider has access to that information.  You need to enter whatever credentials you established with that provider (generally on the provider's website).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to log into discovery plus

Jump to solution

Are you sure you have a subscription through Roku?  Does it show up at https://my.roku.com under your subscriptions when you log in using the email address that's displayed on your Roku device under Settings->System->About?  Have you tried accessing it through The Roku Channel?  A subscription to something through The Roku Channel isn't good on the stand-alone app and vice versa.

If you subscribe to something through Roku, you don't have to sign in on any device that's linked to the same Roku account.  In addition, you never need to enter your Roku credentials to sign into any app - no provider has access to that information.  You need to enter whatever credentials you established with that provider (generally on the provider's website).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.