Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mcobbpta
Reel Rookie

Subscription that I can’t get rid of but my acct says I don’t have any subscriptions

I have a NBA subscription that I can’t cancel.  I’ve contacted NBA.com they say I did it through Roku.  I go to my Roku it says I don’t have any subscriptions.  How do I get rid of this ?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Subscription that I can’t get rid of but my acct says I don’t have any subscriptions

Hi @Mcobbpta,

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. We understand that you are having a problem canceling the NBA channel. We highly suggest contacting our Accounts and Billing team to assist you with this issue better. They are the expert in handling this type of concern. You can contact them here at the Accounts and Billing support page.

You can also check the charges on your account, and this link will help you out: How to review your purchase history and charges to your Roku account.

Note that if a subscription is billed through Roku, there are two ways to cancel it. The first is via the website, and the second is directly on your TV screen. Here are the instructions on how to cancel a membership via the website:

1. Sign in to your Roku account.
  2. Select Manage your subscriptions.
  3. Select the channel or subscription under Active Subscriptions.
  4. Select Turn off auto-renew.
  5. Choose a cancellation reason to complete the process and select Continue to cancel.

If you need the steps on how to cancel from your TV screen, visit this link: How to unsubscribe, cancel, or turn off auto-renew for a subscription.

Thank you for your understanding and continued participation in our community.

Kind regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mcobbpta
Reel Rookie

Re: Subscription that I can’t get rid of but my acct says I don’t have any subscriptions

I’ve gone through the app steps several times w both places Roku and NBA.com.  Both are useless in this case. I’ve emailed NBA they said I must go through Roku.  I called Roku they said I need to go through NBA.  Seriously it’s a fricken nightmare.  I just want it cancelled. 

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for getting in contact, @Mcobbpta!

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and would like to take a closer look at the issue. Could you please confirm if you subscribed to this channel directly through Roku and if you have checked your purchase history on your Roku account?

Please be informed that if the channel you are trying to access has a free trial subscription, it will auto-renew after the trial period ends. Therefore, you must cancel the subscription before the end of the trial period to avoid recurring charges. In addition, If you're billed directly by a subscription provider, such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and others, your billing relationship is with that provider, and you must contact it directly to cancel that subscription.

We hope to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos