Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charlierice90
Reel Rookie

Roku says my paramount with showtime is active but the app says I need to subscribe to channel

Jump to solution

Has anyone else had this problem? I can't even get to the support chat as it says my devices are not eligible for chat support 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku says my paramount with showtime is active but the app says I need to subscribe to channel

Jump to solution

@charlierice90 wrote:

Has anyone else had this problem? I can't even get to the support chat as it says my devices are not eligible for chat support 

Hey @charlierice90 ! I can see on your account you have Paramount+ subscribed via The Roku Channel. Use Paramount+ on The Roku Channel and you'll be able to stream there. Happy Streaming!

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 6.37.09 PM.png

Hope that's helpful!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku says my paramount with showtime is active but the app says I need to subscribe to channel

Jump to solution

This might be an example of subscribing through Roku isn't in your best interest. Usually when you subscribe through Roku the only way it works is from within The Roku Channel. I seldom ever look at TRC so I can't say if Paramount is available within the channel. But if it is, that's the only way you can access your Roku subscription, and you can't log into the dedicated app/channel with your Roku credentials. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
dkdante

Jump to solution

I'm not going to be much help except to validate what is happening, that happened to me when I upgraded to NFL Plus premium I tried with online I tried everybody never fixed I'm a girl not text savvy and really it's just TV and I wasn't losing any money from the bargain. All of a sudden two months later it's working really that's the better part of football anyways. Like I said I'm validating that this problem happens and I wish you the best of luck.

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@charlierice90 wrote:

Hey @charlierice90 ! I can see on your account you have Paramount+ subscribed via The Roku Channel. Use Paramount+ on The Roku Channel and you'll be able to stream there. Happy Streaming!

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 6.37.09 PM.png

Hope that's helpful!

Happy Streaming!

Jump to solution

I have same problem and the answer you received didn't help me

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Hollytrebaol Saying "I have the same problem" isn't enough information. You need to be specific about what you are experiencing. If you have subscribed through Roku, then you can only access the content through The Roku Channel. You can't use the standalone app, and you can't access the content on a non-Roku device. If you subscribed directly with Paramount, then you should be able to access their content through the app, as well as on other non-Roku devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.