Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku is ripping me off and jerking me around!!!

I just noticed Roku billed me 5 times for nothing! I called the bank and they are going to fix it. I use Amazon for all TV purchases. My suspicion is that my card number was entered into the TCL tv  to subscribe to Disney+ and Roku stole the number and fraudulently charged me. This is an outrage!!!

1 REPLY 1
Iona-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku is ripping me off and jerking me around!!!

I am a bit saddened that you felt so strongly (and being financially misused/screwed in the process of being overlooked) for a too long time period, that you jumped to this shaky conclusion, somewhat blinded in some important ways.  

I'm glad that your bank is directly dealing with your funds.  That in itself is the best way to handle this sensitive matter.  Though accusing Roku of ripping you off is not fair.  At best, Roku is merely a third party channeler of your funds to it's proper & intended final location.  Nothing more.

The key 🗝️ weak link here was  preprogramming the smart TV to handle the money directly, perhaps with not too much thought of the actual  fund transfer taking place.  The best way to pay for your subscription(s) is keeping one  individual direct account/app per subscription with no middle man organizations like Roku involved in any way.  It could not necessary be just Roku itself as it could be other corporations involved as well who do/practice this business model type.  Not very convenient for most, but I myself don't worry about third party mistakes or no direct control anymore.  Plus most of the time I get to communicate directly with the party involved via phone calls using their own  phone call centers, online Chat, text messaging, and the old venerable standby, emails.  

Can't do all that with Roku anymore for a long time!  Except for emails.  Which is not as good as the the other preferred customer choices for today's ultra fast communications.