Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RJP88
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku for Warner Media $14.99 monthly charge

Jump to solution

I’ve gone through all of my subscriptions and there is nothing that say Warner media on it what is this charge for and before you send the generic message saying go to the website for customer support I have and i didn’t get any answers at all

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution
@RJP88 , do you have HBO Max?
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RJP88
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
  • Yes I do it shows on my billing HBO Max and in my bank account as the same  but nothing for Warner media 
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

HBO Max is listed as HBO Max under your Roku subscriptions but billed from Warner Media.  If you have only one charge on your credit card for Warner Media and none for HBO Max,(Which I assume is the case) then you are being billed correctly.  The naming is just confusing.  

KHays2022
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It will not say Warner Media --  it's usually something like HBO Max or another subscription that's owned by Warner Media.   I found out what "warner media" was just by matching up the monthly cost of each subscription;  there was only one for that dollar amount.  Then when I researched that subscription (ie,  HBO Max) I found that it was owned by Warner Media.   It's confusing.  I wish they would list it by the actualy names just for our personal book-keeping purposes.  It's hard enough to keep up with all the monthly "subscriptions" at times,  especially when you're trying to cancel some.   Good luck! 

Marcus213
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Purchase History

Back

Invoice detail

Date

3/21/2022

Description

HBO Max Ad-Free

Monthly

Developer

Roku for

WarnerMedia Global Digital Services LLC

Period

3/21/2022 -

4/21/2022

Price

$14.99

Tax

$0.92

Invoice total

$15.91

Total paid

$15.91

Payment Method

Credit Card

New balance

$0.00

Invoice date

Invoice number

3/21/2022

Balance forward

$0.00

Hope this helps, it super easy to find, it's right there in your Roku account, developer is Warner Media for HBO Max Ad Free

peter941

Jump to solution

HBO

Amby21

Jump to solution

I've been charged for this and I don't even have it! How can I get my money back?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Amby21 wrote:

I've been charged for this and I don't even have it! How can I get my money back?

What exactly don’t you have? Did you log into your Roku user account and check for subscriptions there? If you have HBO Max listed, that is what the charge is for. If it’s there and you don’t want it any longer, you can cancel your subscription there on that page. Roku will not refund any amount, as the cancellation will only become effective at your next billing date. 

If there’s nothing listed under your Roku user account, then you are not being billed by Roku, regardless of what your credit card statement says. Bogus charges have been explained numerous times here in this thread, as well as others. If there’s a bogus charge, you must contact your CC company and dispute the charges. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
MSH5_31_84
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi! I'm new to the forum, so I'm sorry if this has already been discovered. Here's a question. Are you subscribed to HBO MAX for $14.99/month? 

Warner Media owns HBO. For some reason on everyone's bank statement this payment is titled Roku for Warner Med, when in reality it's your payment for HBO MAX.

I hope this helps!