Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku for Vudu 816-2728107 DE S382151762666492

I checked my bank this morning and saw a charge like the one in the subject line. Can somebody point me in the right direction if this is legit or not? I do not have a roku account and my card information is not attached to the one that my FIL has. Any help would be great!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku for Vudu 816-2728107 DE S382151762666492

Did you create a Roku account to log in here? If so, you have a Roku account. You can log into that account and check for a subscription (https://my.roku.com).

However, it sounds unlikely that you have any such subscription. It sounds like your CC information was stolen, and someone has placed a bogus charge on your account, putting the name Roku in the charge field to hope you ignore and pay the charge. Unfortunately, the CC companies allow the biller to put whatever information they want in that field, so they can claim to be Roku when they really have not affiliation with the company.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

I literally just made an account to post here. I will be contacting my bank but I needed to see if there was anything here or if the charge looked legit before I call and have to wait to get a new debit card. 

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @rebabernice, we're happy to look into this! Like @atc98092 mentioned, you can always log in to my.roku.com to double-check the method of payment on file. You will see an option that says "Payment method" that will allow you to verify whether or not your card is listed on the account. 

To cover all bases, we will be reaching out directly through private message here on the Roku Community to collect more information from you and try to find where the charges are coming from that you are receiving. Please keep an eye on your inbox by clicking the mail icon at the top of your page. If you have any issues finding our private message, please let us know.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Yes, you need to contest the charge. It doesn't sound legitimate, and unfortunately these scammers are using Roku's name trying to look like it's a valid charge. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Strega
Roku Guru

If you don’t have a roku and don't share your credit card with people who do, then I don't see how it can be legit. The last time my credit card number got stolen, I was getting charges from the middle east.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.