Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ts1984

Roku account charges for “Roku for Roku”

On February 20, my credit card was charged three times for a service called “Roku for Roku”. The last charge was flagged as fraud as the charge was over 1500.00 US dollars. My charges were denied by the cc company and they cancelled the card. I changed my password immediately as the first step and logged out all devices (which did not work).

I contacted Roku and told them their system was hacked.. They said they would respond back in 24 hours. The response back took about 4 days and simply said the problem was resolved. 

Today, I could not sign in to Roku unless I agreed to their new terms of service. I read the whole agreement and it was basically stating I could not do anything except one on one arbitration. Funny how it was dated for February 20th.

There was no option to disagree with the service update which is illegal as the tv has Roku built in to the TV and you cannot  change the Roku OS. I suspect they are hiding a breakin to their system. 

I would advise everyone to check their Roku charges and move your pay for streaming channels directly to the provider. The Roku TV is only 4 months old so I am stuck with it for now, but the next big Tv sale I find, I will replace it and then use my Apple phone to steam to the new TV. I will lose the Roku channel, but it is the least used streaming channel.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos