Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ripped off by Roku, charged for things I didn't order

Jump to solution

so I just noticed I've been being charged 5.99 a month by Roku for who knows how long. After I logged in to check out why it said I was subscribed to the Hallmark channel?? Trust me I NEVER ordered that haha. How long have I been charged for this and can I get my money back?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Ripped off by Roku, charged for things I didn't order

Jump to solution

Hello @Jtjewell1984

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here and then choose Accounts, payments & subscriptions. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Jtjewell1984

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here and then choose Accounts, payments & subscriptions. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Lesajo

Jump to solution

Roku is ridiculous just charges anyone for **bleep** they didn’t order n even tells u that it don’t show your email for any subscription but they say we can’t refund your money they are no good going to try a fire stick this is why they don’t have a phone number ridiculous money hungry ppl takes advantage of elderly people 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Lesajo wrote:

Roku is ridiculous just charges anyone for **bleep** they didn’t order n even tells u that it don’t show your email for any subscription but they say we can’t refund your money they are no good going to try a fire stick this is why they don’t have a phone number ridiculous money hungry ppl takes advantage of elderly people 

I have multiple Roku devices and have used Roku for years.  I have never been charged for any subscription that I did not order.  Login to your account on a computer or phone and set a pin to make purchases or go into payment method and at the bottom of the page remove your payment method if you do not have subscriptions that you want to continue to use through Roku.  

0 Kudos
bst2885

Jump to solution

I just recently subscribed to Peacock Premium a couple days ago and when I went to look under my online banking app for Citizens Bank I noticed that I had three new charges. One charge was for Roku for Peacock for $5.34 which I'm assuming is what I wanted and ordered. We'll see about that. Just still unsure what Roku has to do with Peacock. The other two charges were for Roku for Discovery for $5.34 and The Roku Channel for $1.37. I did NOT want those so I did not order those and yet I did get charged for those. So the only viable question is, what the **bleep** is going on and how do I get refunded my money for **bleep** I didn't order?? Good thing it's not a lot of money, but I also don't want it to be a reoccurring thing so I need to stop this now. It's the principle of the matter. There better be a number I can call and a customer service representative or an employee I can speak to about this matter or I'm going to make some waves. If Roku really is ripping people off by charging hidden fees, then they need to be exposed for what they are doing. And I'm not going to stop until I get some answers. Bank on it. #Rokucheats #Rokusteals I want refunded $6.71 for the two things I did NOT order. And I'm seriously considering canceling my Peacock Premium subscription all together and asking for a refund for that as well cause simply this company cannot be trusted. Who else has been dealing with this garbage?

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@bst2885 wrote:

I just recently subscribed to Peacock Premium a couple days ago and when I went to look under my online banking app for Citizens Bank I noticed that I had three new charges. One charge was for Roku for Peacock for $5.34 which I'm assuming is what I wanted and ordered. We'll see about that. Just still unsure what Roku has to do with Peacock. The other two charges were for Roku for Discovery for $5.34 and The Roku Channel for $1.37. I did NOT want those so I did not order those and yet I did get charged for those. So the only viable question is, what the **bleep** is going on and how do I get refunded my money for **bleep** I didn't order?? Good thing it's not a lot of money, but I also don't want it to be a reoccurring thing so I need to stop this now. It's the principle of the matter. There better be a number I can call and a customer service representative or an employee I can speak to about this matter or I'm going to make some waves. If Roku really is ripping people off by charging hidden fees, then they need to be exposed for what they are doing. And I'm not going to stop until I get some answers. Bank on it. #Rokucheats #Rokusteals I want refunded $6.71 for the two things I did NOT order. And I'm seriously considering canceling my Peacock Premium subscription all together and asking for a refund for that as well cause simply this company cannot be trusted. Who else has been dealing with this garbage?

On a computer or phone login to your Roku account.  Select manage subscriptions.  Any subscriptions you have through Roku will be listed.  Cancel those you do not want.  Then I suggest you select pin preference and set up pin for your account.  If you want to avoid any further purchases from Roku you can select Payment method and scroll to the bottom of the page and remove payment method.  In regards to what does Roku have to do with Peacock, the answer is you can subscribe to Peacock through Roku.  I prefer to subscribe to services directly through the provider in this case Peacock so I can use the service on any device but some like to subscribe with Roku so they can get one bill for all services.  In regards to a refund that is very unlikely to happen as almost all subscriptions are non refundable and that is not just from Roku but nearly every provider.  In regards to speaking with a representative in person, Roku does not have that service.  You can go to support on the Roku login page and follow the directions to chat with a representative.  I hope this helps.

0 Kudos