Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Return-Refund Inquiries and follow up

Hi @meboozer,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

To message us, please select the name of a user. Once redirected to the profile, select the option, "Send this user a private message."

We'll be waiting for your response.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
COLIND4LIFE
Reel Rookie

Re: Return-Refund trouble

Y'ALL cut me off from doing personal replies!  (You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.)

RMA number 524626 was delivered to you on Monday, 1/8/24, it would be nice to get an update or verification that you rec'd the product and when I might expect a refund.

blessings,

COLIND4LIFE

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Return-Refund trouble

Hi @COLIND4LIFE,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Please allow us to assist. Kindly send us a private message together with your email address, phone number, and tracking number, and we'll be able to proceed with the necessary steps to address this. To message us, please select the name of a user. Once redirected to the profile, select the option "Send this user a private message."
We'll wait to hear back from you.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hallme
Reel Rookie

I also need to return a brand-new Roku. I agree that Roku tries to make it difficult, very very difficult to contact them.

I only found out 7 days past Roku's 30-day limit, when I finally got my fiber cable installed, that I did not need the Roku. My TV died before the installer came and I bought a smart TV. When the installer came several days later, he told me I didn't need the Roku. If I bought it from Amazon, he said, it would be an easy return.

I didn't buy it from Amazon, I bought it directly from Roku. I tried online to follow the return instructions. The emails would not go thru. I tried that for 2 days, since I could not find a phone number or a chat request.

So here I am on a community board in one more attempt to find a Roku employee. Is anyone there?

All I really want is an opportunity to talk to someone to explain why I should be able to get a refund for my Roku. I opened the box to check the parts, but it has not been plugged in, installed, or connected, only looked at.

0 Kudos
hallme
Reel Rookie

My tv died just after I bought the Roku on Dec. 18, and I replaced it with a smart TV. I thought I would still need the Roku. I was having fiber-optic cable installed, but I could not get that until January 24. I only found out at that time that I would not need the Roku, so I started trying to contact you to see if I could return it on Jan. 25. It was 7 days past your 30-day requirement, and it is an unused unit. I opened the package to make sure all the pieces were there, but it was never plugged in, connected, or installed.

I should add that I spent 3 days trying to contact you. I could not send an email, could not find a phone number, and frankly I am truly frustrated.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @hallme,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. We have sent you a PM here at the Roku Community. We would like to look closely into this concern.

We are hoping for your response from there.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
griz86

Yes. I am absolutely frustrated with the runaround and endless recirculating of the website. All I want is an RMA number. I have come across the returns page completely by accident a few times. I'm not even sure how I did it. I filled in the required information twice and both times it states that they have encountered a problem and can't proceed. At this point I guess the only option is to contact my credit card company and dispute the charge.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @griz86,

From the Roku Community, a warm welcome!

We'd love to assist you further with this concern that you have. Please send us a private message here in the Roku Community.

To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Note: Depending on your role in the community, you might be able to send a message to a group of users based on their role or rank in the community. If so, you can choose a role or a rank.
  6. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  7. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  8. Click Send Message.
  9. You can look for the messages you've sent in the Sent tab.

To learn more about how to send a private message, click this community link: Help: Roku Community
We'll be anticipating it!

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos