Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
falcon48
Binge Watcher

Reinstall cancelled subscription app

How do I reinstall a cancelled subscription app without having to repay?  I signed up for a subscription to Retro Reels and decided I wanted to cancel the subscription before renewal. I was told I still had the rest of the month to use the app and was given the option to cancel but keep the app or to cancel and remove the app. I chose to keep the app but it was deleted anyway and when I tried to reinstall it wants to charge me again. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Reinstall cancelled subscription app

Hello! @falcon48,

Thanks for the post,

How to turn off auto-renew and cancel subscriptions on your computer or mobile device

To turn off auto-renew and cancel subscriptions purchased with Roku Pay or through The Roku Channel, go to Manage your subscriptions in your Roku account.

1. Sign in to your Roku account.
  2. Select Manage your subscriptions.
  3. Select the channel or subscription under Active Subscriptions.
  4. Select Turn off auto-renew.
  5. Choose a cancellation reason to complete the process, and select Continue to cancel.

Please feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance!
Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
falcon48
Binge Watcher

Yes. I did that and my account still shows the app as active for the remainder of the initial subscription period. But the app was deleted when I did that and when I try to reinstall the app it wants to charge me for a new subscription. I’ve found no way to reinstall the app without being charged for another subscription. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @falcon48,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we need to escalate this to our account and billing team to better assist with your subscription. You can contact our Accounts and Billing team since they are the specialized department to best cater to your inquiry. To contact them, kindly refer to this link here.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help you.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos