Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bmas_6511

Purchase MLB through Roku, but cannot watch due to blackouts, how do I get a refund.

Jump to solution

How do I receive a refund for MLB purchased through Roku, due to blackout restriction I cannot see the games. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Purchase MLB through Roku, but cannot watch due to blackouts, how do I get a refund.

Jump to solution

Try https://support.roku.com/contactus and choose the option for "Account, payments & subscriptions".  Most subscriptions are non-refundable.

Good luck!

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Purchase MLB through Roku, but cannot watch due to blackouts, how do I get a refund.

Jump to solution

Try https://support.roku.com/contactus and choose the option for "Account, payments & subscriptions".  Most subscriptions are non-refundable.

Good luck!

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Worldtraveler
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the same experience.  All of the games I thought I could watch with the subscription are blocked.  What’s the point of having a subscription?  

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Worldtraveler,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to assist you regarding your concern. Are you seeing any error message or code when you're blocked from trying to access the contents of MLB?

Additionally, you can reach out to the Accounts and Billing team and inquire further about a refund request at this link: Accounts and Billing

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Worldtraveler A subscription to MLB.tv will only allow you to stream "out of market games".  The only exceptions to this are the San Diego Padres and the Arizona Diamondbacks and those two require a separtate team subscription to view their games in the local market.  Sorry this did not work for you but the reason people subscribe is to watch out of market games.  NBA, and NHL streaming packages are also for out of market games.  If your local team has a streaming arrangement with a Regional Sports Network you can purchase that and watch the local games.

0 Kudos