Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cbuchanan
Reel Rookie

Paying for Roku channel on roku

Jump to solution

I have 4 tvs each one has a roku on it that bought and installed. So why do I have to pay every month for the Roku channel? I don't get it everybody I talk to gets the roku channel at no charge.

How do you get ahold of a person that one could discuss this with?

Anyone have a phone number for Roku

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paying for Roku channel on roku

Jump to solution

There is no charge for TRC. There are services that are available within TRC that require a subscription, and if you have any of those you can find them listed on your Roku user account site (https://my.roku.com).

If you check your account and there's no subscriptions listed, then Roku is not billing you, regardless of what your CC statement says. Scammers get people's CC information (stolen, obviously) and submit charges they think people will think are genuine and just pay it. They can make the charge say anything they want, so they enter Roku hoping the person actually has a Roku device. 

If there are no subscriptions, first contest the charges with your CC company, and then ask them to cancel your card and issue a new one. If one scammer has your CC information, then there's a good chance others do as well. 

If there are subscriptions listed on your Roku account, and you no longer want them, you can cancel them right there in the user portal. You won't get a refund, as the subscription will continue for the time period already paid for. But it won't be renewed for the next period. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Numan
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The roku channel is free. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

There is no charge for TRC. There are services that are available within TRC that require a subscription, and if you have any of those you can find them listed on your Roku user account site (https://my.roku.com).

If you check your account and there's no subscriptions listed, then Roku is not billing you, regardless of what your CC statement says. Scammers get people's CC information (stolen, obviously) and submit charges they think people will think are genuine and just pay it. They can make the charge say anything they want, so they enter Roku hoping the person actually has a Roku device. 

If there are no subscriptions, first contest the charges with your CC company, and then ask them to cancel your card and issue a new one. If one scammer has your CC information, then there's a good chance others do as well. 

If there are subscriptions listed on your Roku account, and you no longer want them, you can cancel them right there in the user portal. You won't get a refund, as the subscription will continue for the time period already paid for. But it won't be renewed for the next period. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Numan
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I know I was just telling the person who says he is being charged for the roku channel. I understand roku is free but you can add Disney etc through your roku account and those are paid services but thanks for the answer 

0 Kudos