Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RandyE
Reel Rookie

PayPal charged for 2 games that failed to install, why? - request refund

December 16, 2023.  Tonight I attempted to install 2 games from Unity - Super Crossfire and Rope Rescue, both failed.  Few questions though.
1. How did PayPal mysteriously become my primary payment method (I never authorized it). Will soon fix.
2. Either game description gave NO indication of price and/or May require fees (wouldn't have selected it if so).
3. After attempting to install one title, I received a failed to install error, same thing on the second title.
4. Few minutes later, I received my typical emails, and to my surprise, 2 from PayPal showing Roku purchases (Billed as: Roku for Unity - both $1.99 + tax = $2.16 or $4.32 for both titles).  Also received 2 from Roku (invoices).
5. BIG questions.  Why was I charged for games that gave the impression it was free (no price and/or May require fees message), and two, why was I charged for games that simply FAILED TO INSTALL?
6. All but ready to dispute with PayPal, but want to give Roku a chance to fix/refund it first.  Tried calling 1-888-600-7658 (disconnected).  Online support shows "Let's get in touch" with a spinning circle which shows Loading.  So Roku, please assist me in obtaining a REFUND.  Thank you.
I have the Roku Ultra 4640X Software 12.5.0 Build 4178-29

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RandyE
Reel Rookie

Re: PayPal charged for 2 games that failed to install, why? - request refund

Called Customer Service (1-816-272-8106) this morning (12/17/23), explained my situation, had both charges refunded to my PayPal.  Was told a few days, refund was immediate.  How PayPal was added to my account is a mystery, but I now removed it after this.

0 Kudos
deseipel

same thing happened here.  setup a new tv and the kids wanted to try a few games.  they didn't work AND nothing said the games cost anything.  called the number and got a refund.  

0 Kudos
RandyE
Reel Rookie

Maybe it was the next day (after calling/receiving refund), both games in question disappeared from the Games section.  Very strange.

0 Kudos