Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maudia
Binge Watcher

Re: NewsMax unable to access the subscription paid through Roku

Jump to solution

I can see your point. I am hesitant to add any channel through Roku. I generally add channel tile after subscribing online. I did that with Viaplay otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the 7 day free trial. I subscribed to Newsmax the same way. The Newsmax problem really was a matter of the rollout not being quite up to speed. Kinks were worked out and ended up getting deferred billing and an extra week free.

0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have read through all of your posts including the back and forth chat with tech support I’m having the exact same issue with no resolution I was able to get newsmax on the line a lot faster but had the same result I have yet to be able to contact anyone Roku I put a stop payment on the charge with my credit card but Roku argued it with their terms of service and had the charge go through I have been fighting this battle since early November 

0 Kudos
Maudia
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am, at this point, extremely hesitant to  subscribe to any channel through Roku.  With both Newsmax and Viap;ay I subscribed through their websites which resulted in getting a trial viewing period and, in the case of Newsmax, having payment issues quickly resolved. Roku really doesn't offer a heckuva lot to the people using their device.  I recently subscribed to HULU for .99/mo for a year. Roku did not have that offer. Gotta shop around!

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @543,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

In this matter, it would be best to talk to our Account-Billing team, as they are the ones who can further assist with your concerns.

You can contact them here. Choose "Account, payment & subscription," and there should be an option for you to talk to one of our live representatives.

Please keep us posted if you have any other concerns.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your help problem solved I have been given a refund and the account has been closed @GeeGeex57 @this is your solution I even got to speak to a real live person 

Maudia
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Excellent!!!

0 Kudos
bear1224
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I contacted Ruko they refunded my Newsmax fee with no problem. I was then able to get Newsmax directly though Newsmax. All is well👍👍👍👍

0 Kudos
Maudia
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Great that you got your money refunded!!😀

0 Kudos