Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sparklee
Binge Watcher

NewsMax unable to access the subscription paid through Roku

Jump to solution

Free Newsmax is on the Roku Live channel as Newsmax2. It is NOT the same as what's going on, on Newsmax+. After I found this out, I'm making it simple and just going back to Fox. I will miss the NM+ newspeople, but I can't justify paying for the news, no matter WHOSE it is.

0 Kudos
Maudia
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The entire rollout if Newsmax+ was a joke. I subscribed through Newsmax website and ended up having the same problem with app on Roku  Due to the complete lack of Customer Service on Roku I went directly to Newsmax customer service. Long story short issues were corrected and Newsmax extended the 15 day free trial by a week for subscribers due to issues. I have stopped subscribing to channels through Roku due to lack of free trial days. I recently subscribed to Viaplay online because to do so with Roku meant no free trial. Luckily I was able to add Viaplay tile through Roku and login.  Becoming very unhappy with Roku on the whole.

apkbgmi

Jump to solution

If you're comfortable, consider reaching out to the company's customer support to provide feedback on the challenges you faced. Companies often appreciate constructive feedback from users as it helps them identify areas for improvement. Additionally, sharing your experience on social media or review platforms might also catch the company's attention and prompt them to address any issues in their subscription process.

0 Kudos
apkbgmi

Jump to solution

Firstly, considering the technical glitches you're experiencing with the phone support from NewsMax Plus, you might want to try reaching out to their customer support through other channels. Check if they have an online chat option or email support where you can explain your situation in detail.

In terms of the billing and the missing 15-day free trial, this does seem like a discrepancy that needs attention. You may want to contact Roku support and provide them with the details of your subscription issue. They may be able to assist in escalating the matter to NewsMax Plus or providing guidance on how to resolve the billing issue.

0 Kudos
Maudia
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I worked out the issues I had by going through Newsmax Customer Service. Newsmax extended the free trial period by a week for subscribers due to technical problems that occurred. I just think the whole process could have ben cleaner and clearer.

0 Kudos
Possum
Channel Surfer

NewsMax+ unable to access the subscription paid through Roku

Jump to solution

I know this answer does not fix your immediate issue, but for people reading this thread I highly recommend using "Virtual Credit Card Numbers" if your credit card company offers the service.  Basically Citi offers me the ability to create a virtual credit card number on their website.  I specify spending limits on that number and the duration of how long the number is valid.  I then use that number with/on companies/websites that I suspect might give me the run-around and not turn off a subscription promptly.  They might bill me for a final month, but if they will not fix an issue I go onto Citi's website, cancel the Virtual Card Number and the offending vender can no longer charge me.

0 Kudos
MiaMayo
Reel Rookie

Re: NewsMax unable to access the subscription paid through Roku

Jump to solution

I feel horrible for what you are going through. This is how I solved the issue: after paying for the subscription directly with Newsmax, I downloaded the app on my cell phone. Then I connect the cell phone to stream on the TV using this tool (see pictures attached) 

I am not a tech person and please take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I think the problem lies with Newsmax because the problem started exactly when they went Newsmax plus  I hope this alleviates your frustration a little  

IMG_6332.jpeg

IMG_6331.jpeg

0 Kudos
Racercbx
Reel Rookie

Re: NewsMax+ unable to access the subscription paid through Roku

Jump to solution

Well, hello there young man! Hehe, old dude here too, former fire captain.

First and foremost, thank you for posting the details on your issue with Newsmax. I am hoping that others will also see where the issue rests. Both Newsmax and Roku are dealing with a similar problem.

I'll make it simple. CUSTOMER SUPPORT REQUIRES LIVE HUMAN BEINGS. In my past profession, if you were on fire or having a medical emergency, well, I dropped everything and showed up, hehe. Browsing FAQs just would not cut it.

Newsmax had to make a rapid change to a subscription model. Well, it's patently obvious they do not have a support staff, this takes time. Also, this a HUGE hint to Roku. Guys, the investment in a support staff will pay off hugely.

I speak from experience on this. I did support for a manufacturer in the tech sector AS A HOBBY for several years for free. The CEO found out about it and recognized my contribution, it was a lot of fun. 

I'll wait a wee bit, I am positive there are plenty of others in our predicament. Sad thing is I'm paying for a phantom subscription.

Here's the gracious hint for Roku. Handle it. You have more skin in the game than us plebes. Have a serious talk with Newsmax. If you don't know how to do that you are free to contact me. I know how this works.

I have been a supporter of Newsmax since they first began publishing their magazine. Again, old dudes rule.

Bobby

0 Kudos
lgraeve

Jump to solution

My issue is pretty much the same.  Paid $55 for NFL subscription but cannot access it.  Roku of no help.  A differnt thread - one person wrote, "Why can I not talk with a real live person?"

0 Kudos
greywolfe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Late to the party, just my two cents. SNAFUs like this is why I don't have a credit card on file with ROKU.

0 Kudos