Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to actually talk to a Roku employee? Do they have customer service?

I keep getting charged for the Roku channel. I do not have a subscription, because its suppose to be free. It also will not let me cancel Starz or Showtime, which I signed up for during their 3 months for 99 cents deal, insisting that I update my payment method, but there is no option to cancel these things. I did not get three months for 99 cents, they are charging full price. I need to speak to customer service, because this is fraudulent and I would like to not be charged 30 dollars a month for something I do not want and did not agree to. Why the heck do I have to post this on a community message board? 

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Is there a way to actually talk to a Roku employee? Do they have customer service?

You can contact customer support here: https://support.roku.com/contactus

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Re: Is there a way to actually talk to a Roku employee? Do they have customer service?

Hi @Mousedragon, we see that you're receiving charges for a subscription you might not have, and we're here to help! To add a bit of information regarding the Roku Channel, apart from the free content, there are premium subscriptions you can sign up for that require a monthly fee to access. For us to verify what subscriptions you currently have and look into the 99-cent issue as well, we'll be reaching out through direct message. Please keep an eye out for our message in your inbox so that we can look into this for you. 

bentonio12

I have been round and round with email customer service.  I have a defective ROKU device and they require I send it back. The device cost me about $40.  Out of my own pocket I have to pay $16.52 to return it. Now the device cost me more than $50.  There isn’t a customer service agent that will respond to any inquiry about reimbursement.  ROKU customer service must be AI because they will only give canned responses, no live calls, no real life support only dodge the questions I’m are not in the book.  I’m ticked and they are unwilling to value the customer.  Shame on ROKU and their management.  

0 Kudos
Boz
Roku Guru

@Mousedragon wrote:

I keep getting charged for the Roku channel. I do not have a subscription, because its suppose to be free. It also will not let me cancel Starz or Showtime, which I signed up for during their 3 months for 99 cents deal, insisting that I update my payment method, but there is no option to cancel these things. I did not get three months for 99 cents, they are charging full price. I need to speak to customer service, because this is fraudulent and I would like to not be charged 30 dollars a month for something I do not want and did not agree to. Why the heck do I have to post this on a community message board? 

You need to unsubscribe from anything you signed up to via Roku at:  https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions

0 Kudos
Boz
Roku Guru

@bentonio12 wrote:

I have been round and round with email customer service.  I have a defective ROKU device and they require I send it back. The device cost me about $40.  Out of my own pocket I have to pay $16.52 to return it. Now the device cost me more than $50.  There isn’t a customer service agent that will respond to any inquiry about reimbursement.  ROKU customer service must be AI because they will only give canned responses, no live calls, no real life support only dodge the questions I’m are not in the book.  I’m ticked and they are unwilling to value the customer.  Shame on ROKU and their management.  

How long ago did you purchase the device?  Where did you purchase it?  Some retailers have a 90 day return policy, so if was purchased within that 90 days, I'd suggest returning it and buying another.  If not, hopefully a Roku rep will be along to help.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

@bentonio12 

In my experience, the majority of warranties don’t pay for shipping an item in, but the company will usually pay to ship the replacement out.  Here’s what I found on the Roku warranty page:

“Shipping costs

Original invoice shipping costs are non-refundable. You are responsible for any shipping cost associated with sending your Roku product (or products) back to the Roku return center for all authorized RMA requests.”

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

0 Kudos
Stuardo1000
Reel Rookie

Yes CS (816) 272-8106

0 Kudos
tama8

I have been billed for servieve i dont have with Roku and cant get a hold of anyone I called in once and I was told i would be transferd to a agent to help me I was charged $50 to talk to that agent trying to get a refund. I dont think its worth the trouble to have apps or service with Roku

0 Kudos
Joseph-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey @tama8, we noticed your post and that definitely wasn't us. We never charge for our customer support and would be happy to look into the charge you've been receiving.

We're going to send a PM your way. Please keep an eye on your inbox for us to help further.

0 Kudos