Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting charged for Roku Warner media

Jump to solution

I keep getting charged every month for the same thing at first I dismissed it thinking the kids ordered a movie or something but it’s happening every month. And when I look at my Roku account there’s no such subscription on there.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I keep getting charged for Roku Warner media what’s that?

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are inquiring about a "Roku Warner Media" charge from your account.

This charge is for a Max channel subscription billed through Roku Pay. Max channel is formerly known as HBO Max channel.

If you noticed this charge on your credit card or bank statement. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to handle it:

1. Check if you have an active subscription by logging into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicking Subscriptions.
  2. Review the recurring charge
  3. Create a Roku PIN for your account to avoid any further unwanted purchases on your Roku account in the future. For more information about using a Roku PIN, visit our Support page here: How to create, reset, or remove your Roku PIN | Official Roku Support
  4. If you continue to have questions about a charge, feel free to contact Roku Support at https://support.roku.com/contactus

We hope that's helpful, Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Most people in this thread think it's for HBO Max.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Yes, it's almost always a subscription to HBO Max. That said, if Roku is billing you the subscription would appear on your user account web page. If there is no subscription listed there, then you aren't being billed by Roku, regardless of what your CC bill says. Scammers can make their bill list any name they want, and it has been reported that some scammers have been using the Roku name in their bogus billing. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Getrightdynasty

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

Jump to solution

What am I paying for?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Dearborn5136

I hope you're doing well.

Please check my post above. Our billing team will be able to assist you further with the charge. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Laceyfish

Jump to solution

I keep clicking on help with my bull ect. And it’s like I’m going in circles. I never get a direct answer on what to do. Or it says I should cancel my card it must be a scam. Well it says right on my bank statement that it’s from Roku Warner media glob. I’ve been getting charged $9.99 a month for a while now. I am on a very fixed income and can’t afford this money to be taken out. I have bills to pay.

atc98092

Jump to solution

@Laceyfish It doesn't matter what the statement says. The scammers can make it way whatever they want. If there's no record on your Roku user web page of an HBO (or some other) subscription (which is more than $9.99 monthly anyway), then Roku is not billing you. Disputing the charge on your credit card is the only way to stop a bogus charge. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Laceyfish 

Go to https://my.roku.com/ and log in. Then, click the Manage your subscriptions link.

Do you see a subscription? If so, cancel it before you do anything else. However, I suspect you won't see one. If that's the case, then @atc98092 is correct that it's a scammer who has compromised your payment card information.

I worked in the payments industry for over 20 years. I offer that so you'll know that what I'm about to tell you isn't speculation. It's part of what I did for a living.

When a payment card transaction is submitted for payment, the merchant (that's how the financial institution refers to them) includes data about the transaction. It's supposed to be who the charge is for, and include contact information. But, they could lie. Seeing as how they're already stealing payment information, a lie on top of that isn't surprising.

So, assuming there is no legitimate Roku transaction on the Manage Your Subscriptions page, then it's a fraudulent transaction. Report it as such. And you're gonna have to go through the hassle of getting a new card and number.

Confirm what you find, and then take the proper steps.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Laceyfish, we just want to check in and see if you were able to resolve your billing issue.

If you are needing help please free to reply to this post or send a direct message.

And as always,

Happy Streaming!

0 Kudos