Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillGH
Binge Watcher

I can not sign into my paramount plus account

Jump to solution

I am caught in a loop. When I open the Paramount Plus app on Roku the screen offers three buttons: Get Started; Sign out  or Watch Free episodes. If I click Get Started, I am told I already have a subscription, Please Sign in. If I sign out and sign back in, same screen with the same options and none of the content will load. I have tried updating, resetting, and changing my password with no success. If I press * there are no options to remove the channel, in fact all of the options offered are dysfunctional loops to nowhere. Beyond frustrating. This is the same for all three of my home's Roku devices. The problem began yesterday.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I can not sign into my paramþount plus account

Jump to solution

@Riahdalt, create an account and subscribe at https://www.paramountplus.com/.  Once you've done that, use whatever email address and password you used to establish your Paramount+ account to sign in on the Paramount+ app.  Don't try accessing Paramount+ on The Roku Channel.  They're not the same thing.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
djj1

Re: I can not sign into my paramount plus account

Jump to solution

I am having the same exact issue.  Paid for the year to get the discount.  So when I attempt to cancel, it lets me know that I can continue to "enjoy" until the subscription is up next July 2024.  Went back to Paramount Plus to see if anything changed only to find I get into the same loop over and over again.

Jump to solution

Mine started doing it as well. Idk what else to do. I paid for the whole year, I haven’t had mine 3 months and it’s already doing this exact thing. Wasted a whole $100 on this. I called paramount personally and they said it’s something to do with Roku. They told me on their end my account looks good that there shouldn’t be an issue. But trying to connect to Roku person to ask them is impossible because I don’t have a number for them. 

0 Kudos
BillGH
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Interesting. I just chatted with Roku support and was told I need to call Paramount because Roku is not responsible for content. The loop becomes infinite. I paid for the year as well.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello Community users,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about your login issue with Paramount Plus. Our billing team would be happy to assist you directly. You can reach them by phone or live chat here, and choose the option for "Accounts, Payments, and Subscriptions.  

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bjisblsd2

Jump to solution

Yes same here!!!! This makes no sence you should fix it and give our money back I’m so over this **bleep**!!!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Bjisblsd2,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand your frustration, and we would like to know how we can assist, and make things better for you. Could you please tell us more information about the issue you're having? In addition, could you please confirm if you're having issues with the Paramount+ account and setup?

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BillGH
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hello,

We have a prepaid subscription with Paramount Plus until the end of 2023. Until Friday, 8-11-23 everything worked perfectly. Then on Saturday when we opened the app on Roku, the screen had changed and rather than showing content the screen showed a"Subcribe" button, a box that said I was signed in and a " Watch for Free" button. All content was unavailable. When I click on Subscribe, I am taken to a screen that tell me I am already a subscriber, please sign in. When I return to the app it shows that I am signed in. When I sign out and then sign in again, I am in the same loop. I am being prompted to sign in when I am already signed in--on and on. The interface with Paramount Plus is not functioning. While it recognizes that I have an account and that I am signed in, I cannot navigate away from the Screen that is requesting that i subscribe.

Thanks for your help, Bill

Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @BillGH,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we'd like to assist you in resolving this. We recommend following the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Remove the affected channel by highlighting it from the channel tile and pressing the star (*) button. Then select the remove option.
  2. Do a system restart by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart.
  3. Add the channel back by searching for it from the "Streaming Store."

After performing the steps, kindly check to see if there's any improvement. Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BillGH
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

When I press * there is no option offered to remove the channel. This is part of the dysfunctional loop I am trapped in. I have also restarted my Roku, restarted my modem and router, logged out and logged back in, and changed my password and logged in.

0 Kudos