Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amyaf_1

How to take a dead relatives account off of my roku tv

Jump to solution

So recently my grandma died and she has her account on tv and also uses AT&T so I wasn’t able to ask help from any family members for help, and this tv was given to me by my dad I need help trying to remove her accout off the tv. I really appreciate it if anyone could help with this 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to take a dead relatives account off of my roku tv

Jump to solution

Sorry to hear of your loss. You can reset your device to factory defaults, which will allow you to create a new account. Learn more here.

Please contact our billing team to cancel any outstanding subscriptions that may be associated with the account, we can assist with this. Contact us here.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Login to the Roku account that the TV is connected to and unlink the device. Then the TV should ask you to link to a new Roku account. If you don't have one of your own you can create one for free.

Also as a last resort you can factory reset the TV which will bring it back to the state it was in when the TV was purchased. But if you do that make sure you have all the login information to connect to your Roku account and all your paid apps ready to go.

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Sorry to hear of your loss. You can reset your device to factory defaults, which will allow you to create a new account. Learn more here.

Please contact our billing team to cancel any outstanding subscriptions that may be associated with the account, we can assist with this. Contact us here.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.