Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iona-D
Roku Guru

Re: Can I activate without a credit card

Jump to solution

@Phillip_Erika wrote:

You can. But I would not recommend it. Purchase a cheap prepaid card, and put that card on it. If you choose to not put a card on your roku,  you will experience update issues and lag times. 

Glad you discovered this method for yourself.  Though I always keep my own card balance at "0".  Nothing+Nothing is still nothing.  And that's exactly what Roku will get if they try to withdrawal anything from that particular card.  Plus it is my mom's card.  She does not authorize those withdrawals either!

0 Kudos
IInfInItII

Jump to solution

Another way to do this is by setting up your account all the way up to when the credit card option appears. From there just simply close out of the page.  Return a minute later and go back to the main Roku webpage, log in, and everything should be ok. There is no need to use a card! I did this using the iOS safari browser so it might not work for certain people.

0 Kudos
Iona-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I just hope you don't become the latest victim of Roku. Generated Sabotage.  I noticed when my account had absolutely NO 16 digit card numbers listed, my Roku channel apps were very wonky and unpredictable.  

When I gave them what they wanted-my "dummy" card's 16 digits, even with a balance of zero, a noticeable immediate ending of any and all wonkiness and unpredictable behavior on Roku's part occured.  My. 3 Roku devices give me absolutely NO trouble now.

Go figure!

0 Kudos

device setup

Jump to solution
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Setup. Hotspot mobile Wi-Fi IME0405432002029113809 link [personal information removed]

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@NANCYNACKPELOUB

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MisterCzyk
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The link provided in an answer just leads to the Roku Account instructions. Someone else suggested altering some code? Right! Do I NEED a Roku account to use my two new TVs?   Is there a No CC option or do I return the TVs to the store??

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You have to have a Roku account, but you don't have to have a CC on file.  If the nocc link doesn't work then it has been reported that if you go through the account setup process and just close your browser when it asks for the CC info your account will be established.  It's also be reported that there's a "Skip this" somewhere on the page when you get to that point.  Finally, you can always remove your CC info once your account is established.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MisterCzyk,

Thanks for the post.

Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device? If that is a Roku TV, we suggest you contact your TV manufacturer directly to assist you activate your Roku TV without a Roku account. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Marielopez

Jump to solution

How to create a roku account without credit card credit and setup roku account

0 Kudos