Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertGM

How to cancel subscrition

Jump to solution

I rented a home in Florida for two months and only way to get Britbox was through Roku so I subscribed  but will not be back in Florida until next January and do not wish to continue paying for a subsciption I have here in Canada. I can't figure out how to cancel this subscription. Can anyone help? Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to cancel subscrition

Jump to solution

Hi @RobertGM,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand your concern that you want to know how to cancel your subscription and we will do our best to assist you with your inquiry.

Please be advised that you may unsubscribe from the channels from your TV or online account.

To cancel or unsubscribe from a mobile device or PC

1. Sign in to your Roku account
  2. Select Manage your subscriptions
  3. Select the channel or subscription under Active subscriptions
  4. Select Turn off auto-renew
  5. Choose a cancellation reason to complete the process and select Continue to cancel

To cancel or unsubscribe from your Roku streaming device:

1. Press the Home button on Roku remote on your Roku remote
  2. Highlight the channel you want to cancel
  3. Press the * button on Roku remote on your remote to open the options menu
  4. Select Manage subscription
  5. To unsubscribe, select Cancel subscription
  6. To confirm, select Cancel subscription
  7. Select Done

Note: Subscriptions purchased directly from a service provider or otherwise purchased outside the Channel Store or The Roku Channel will not appear on the Subscriptions page. Contact your service provider directly with any subscription or billing questions.

Learn how to cancel or unsubscribe for cancellation help.

If you still need further assistance with cancellation, feel free to contact Roku support at https://support.roku.com/contactus

We hope we have addressed your question appropriately, but please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @RobertGM,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand your concern that you want to know how to cancel your subscription and we will do our best to assist you with your inquiry.

Please be advised that you may unsubscribe from the channels from your TV or online account.

To cancel or unsubscribe from a mobile device or PC

1. Sign in to your Roku account
  2. Select Manage your subscriptions
  3. Select the channel or subscription under Active subscriptions
  4. Select Turn off auto-renew
  5. Choose a cancellation reason to complete the process and select Continue to cancel

To cancel or unsubscribe from your Roku streaming device:

1. Press the Home button on Roku remote on your Roku remote
  2. Highlight the channel you want to cancel
  3. Press the * button on Roku remote on your remote to open the options menu
  4. Select Manage subscription
  5. To unsubscribe, select Cancel subscription
  6. To confirm, select Cancel subscription
  7. Select Done

Note: Subscriptions purchased directly from a service provider or otherwise purchased outside the Channel Store or The Roku Channel will not appear on the Subscriptions page. Contact your service provider directly with any subscription or billing questions.

Learn how to cancel or unsubscribe for cancellation help.

If you still need further assistance with cancellation, feel free to contact Roku support at https://support.roku.com/contactus

We hope we have addressed your question appropriately, but please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,  there is not an option to manage subscriptions on the roku remote.   I paid for one month of ESPN+plus, and I don't know if I bought another month or not. I do not need this station. How do I stop it from recurring for another month? I have been on the computer for the last 2 hours, one call to ESPN plus+ support person who does not see any subscriptions under my name. I called ROKu, and there isn't any customer rep available. I am frustrated big tim! Hope someone can help me out!

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Elizabeth16,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community.

For this concern, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team.
Please get in touch with them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the "Account, payments & subscriptions" options, and they are the best ones to help you.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Elizabeth16 Try going to ESPN+ on a computer.  Then click on your icon usually in the upper right and go to ESPN + subscriptions.  It should tell you where you subscribed from.  Once you identify where you subscribed go to that website and cancel the subscription.

0 Kudos