Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chrsam28

How do I kick someone off account

Jump to solution

My ex and I split up, but he’s still logged into my roku home & changes the names to my cameras to inappropriate titles. My daughter is also logged into my roku home. She’s seen the titles once before. He refuses to sign out & I don’t want to create a new profile. 

Could we somehow log him out of my account? Please & Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Kick someone off your account.

Jump to solution

@Chrsam28-

Log into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com, using the email address shown via menu path Settings > System > About on your Roku device.

Once there, from your Roku account's home page:

• Click on the Update button under Account information.

-- Change your password so that he cannot access your account. Do this before HE changes it and locks you out.

-- You can also update the email address associated with this account so that he can't use the current address to log into your account in the first place.  This will not only change the address used to log in, but will also update the address shown via Settings > System > About on your Roku device.  If you change to an another address also known to him, he may think to try it, but if you've changed the password the new address won't do him any good, although it may frustrate him a bit.

-- Click on Save changes at the bottom of the screen.

• If he has one or more Roku devices that are logged into your same Roku account, from the account home page scroll down to the My streaming devices & TVs section and remove any of his devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy

Re: Kick someone off your account.

Jump to solution

@Chrsam28-

Log into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com, using the email address shown via menu path Settings > System > About on your Roku device.

Once there, from your Roku account's home page:

• Click on the Update button under Account information.

-- Change your password so that he cannot access your account. Do this before HE changes it and locks you out.

-- You can also update the email address associated with this account so that he can't use the current address to log into your account in the first place.  This will not only change the address used to log in, but will also update the address shown via Settings > System > About on your Roku device.  If you change to an another address also known to him, he may think to try it, but if you've changed the password the new address won't do him any good, although it may frustrate him a bit.

-- Click on Save changes at the bottom of the screen.

• If he has one or more Roku devices that are logged into your same Roku account, from the account home page scroll down to the My streaming devices & TVs section and remove any of his devices.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
JennyMae52
Reel Rookie

Re: Kick someone off your accou If someone stole my roku but use my information, what can I do?nt.

Jump to solution

If someone stole my roku but use my information what can I do  need help

0 Kudos
renojim

Re: Kick someone off your accou If someone stole my roku but use my information, what can I do?nt.

Jump to solution

Unlink it from your account at https://my.roku.com.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos