Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TaslimDude
Binge Watcher

Horrible customer support and billing policies

Roku's Customer Support is Horrible, you Can't talk to anyone over the phone and it's annoying to try via E-mail because you don't get instant one an one support and can get stuck in a endless useless back and forth E-mail messages that won't resolve an issue you might have  like getting billed for a yearly subscription because it was on auto renew and you did not know and you don't get a notification via E-mail until after it renews and you get charged for a non refundable charge.
I unknowingly had subscribed to Bally Sports on Auto Renew and did not know it because I also somehow had signed up through the Bally Sports Webpage so when that subscription expired before the subscription I subscribed to through Roku I assumed I had to go to Bally Sports' Webpage and renew that subscription. So now I got charged by Bally Sports luckily on the month by month package so I can just cancel and only get billed for one month instead of a entire year, but also got charged by Roku for a one year subscription that I can't get a refund on so that means I got double charged for the same service.

It's Annoying how Roku is set up to make it difficult to cancel subscriptions so they can make more money. Very Dishonest immoral business practices.

2 REPLIES 2
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Horrible customer support and billing policies

@TaslimDude It is always bad when someone subscribes to the same service from two different sources.  However almost all subscriptions are nonrefundable.  You do not expect Bally Sports to refund your subscription but you expect Roku to refund your subscription.  Both subscriptions were valid and Roku has no way of knowing if you used the subscription every day or never.  I suggest that you login to your Roku account on turn off the auto renew on your current subsription so it does not renew again.  While you are logged into your Roku account set up a pin to make purchases.  I do agree that Roku is very poor with not reminding subscribers that you subscription is about to renew.  I never subscribe to any service through Roku but always directly through the service provider themselves.  

0 Kudos
TaslimDude
Binge Watcher

Re: Horrible customer support and billing policies

I was able to stumble upon the phone number to talk to a actual person and able to get a refund because I informed the agent I never got a notice of auto renew. Now I know to always check for any subscriptions I might have and make sure they are not on auto renew.

Update,

Great News, I already got the credit back to my bank account in only 2 days. I'm happy they made an exception for me and now know to be more careful if I ever subscribe to any services on Roku via Roku or even through the service provider them selves just in case I'm still bound by Roku's billing policies.

0 Kudos