Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DCAdkinsII
Reel Rookie

Re: HedexTv app dissappeared from Roku device and TV

Funny, now they see fit to remove my choice of information sources by blocking access to RT (formerly Russia Today). Look, we can all say this and that about this government and that, this news source and that but I think we can all agree when a source is silenced and your ability to look at both sides is then restricted to one side then there is something afoul at play. I don't need anyone taking away my ability to gather information. Thank you. 

RT is found but simply sits spinning at the loading screen. Further digging has found that RT has been banned in many countries through many different services. Works on my phone so I know it's not ISP or network related on my end. This has gone on for hours now.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@DCAdkinsII 

Are you saying that it's been removed from your Roku? Or that you don't find it in the Roku Channel Store? Clarify what the issue is. Don't use general terms. Be specific about what issue you're encountering.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

tinka90
Channel Surfer

I dont know the answer to that - I have been watching Hedex TV for over a year now

0 Kudos
tinka90
Channel Surfer

That sucks - the CENSORSHIP is beyond ridiculous - I guess we will all have to stream from our phones on to our tv's.   

0 Kudos
tinka90
Channel Surfer

I had the channel SAVED on my ROKU - when i went to open it it was gone,  then i looked in the Channel Store and it's just GONE GONE GONE

0 Kudos
tinka90
Channel Surfer

you got it.  Shame on all of them for CENSORSHIP - its Tyranny and yes they are SHUTTING DOWN TRUTH TELLERS - but hey you can still watch NEWSY?  CNN? ABC? FOX?   all VALID Propaganda machines are acceptable  - smh

0 Kudos
Ajdupe2645

Yea, because of leftist FACISTS all **bleep** hurt over infowars exposing thier LIES

@DBDukes wrote:

@debyac71 

If it's a non-certified app -- you had to enter a code to add it, not picking it from the Channel Store -- then it was removed. Roku announced months ago this was happening. Check with the developer and see if they are developing an app for the Channel Store.

If you did download it from the Channel Store, check to see if they pulled it for some reason (update, issues with playback, etc).

0 Kudos
Psilobite
Roku Guru

Russia Today is pretty much Putin's propaganda network and it was really interesting watching them try to cover the war and spin it the other way.

But, I guess Roku has decided that this was way too dangerous a thing for me to do. Thank you Roku for saving me, I might have ended up a tankie if it were not for your prudent actions.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Psilobite 

The removal of RT is actually one that Roku did target. With all of the other false claims of Roku targeting one app or another app, I wanted to be sure before I said anything. I'm sure. Roku did indeed remove RT.

Critics of Roku should keep in mind that Google, Apple, and Amazon (the last holdout) also removed the app from their streaming devices. So, in this case, Roku is no worse than the others. But Roku should consider that this also means they're no better.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

0 Kudos