Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeremiah-Roku
Retired Moderator

Re: HBOmax subscription not showing up to cancel?

@DBDukes thanks for looping me in!

@Duckpal99 Sending a private message now - send over the screenshot when you're able to do so.

Happy Streaming!
Jeremiah-Roku
0 Kudos
sharonhl

I'm having the exact same issue. In fact, I cancelled HBO Max in February but I have continued to receive the subscription, which I haven't even used, plus I get charged for it each month. The merchant listed for the purchase is, "Roku for WarnerMedia Gl." Its very frustrating. I've gone through all the steps listed in the post. The subscription is listed in HBO Max, under my account with them, but it says that it is billed through Roku Pay and that I have to contact them. But in Roku, HBO Max is not listed in subscriptions. There is also no payment method listed, but its coming out of my bank account.    

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@sharonhl 

That's a situation where @Jeremiah-Roku or one of the other Roku folks will have to help.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey @sharonhl, we know how frustrating it can be to feel like you are going in circles trying to get to the bottom of these reoccurring charges. Don't worry, we are here to help! We will be sending you a direct message to collect some personal information and help investigate these charges for HBO: Max. 

0 Kudos
zseibert
Reel Rookie

@DBDukes I am also having the same exact issue that @sharonhl described. I cancelled my subscription in July of 2021 and then proceeded to be charged from August 2021 till now, with no way of cancelling through the various steps provided. I even canceled the card it had been charging and it somehow got my new card info and continued to charge my account, without me updating any streaming or Roku service that would link to an HBO subscription. HBO Max says it's charged through Roku Pay, Roku doesn't list an HBO Max subscription, and my bills say 'Roku for WarnerMedia G'.

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@zseibert  if you have a card in your Roku account then remove it. If this charge keeps happening it’s not anything to do with Roku especially since you got a new card. Sounds to me like you have a case of identity theft and you should handle it with your financial institution. 

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@zseibert 

As suggested by @StreamerSue go to https://my.roku.com/payment/account and remove the payment method from your account, if you aren't using Roku Pay for anything. But do follow up wiht @Alex-Roku about confirming if it is actually Roku making the charge -- HBO wouldn't know with 100% certainty, only whether or not your account is with them directly -- or if it's a case of a compromised card. With the changing of the card number, if you never updated with Roku, then Roku doesn't have the new number, and can't be them, indicating you have an identity theft problem. However, follow that link and confirm what, if any, payment you have on file with Roku. And do touch base with @Alex-Roku .

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

zseibert
Reel Rookie

@DBDukes  @Alex-Roku  

The card I have set for payment on my Roku account is not the card that is being charged (and ended up canceling/replacing). That was what first made me look into this issue because HBO says that I'm being billed through Roku Pay and the charges are labeled Roku for WarnerMedia. However, Im wondering if there's a way to verify if it is actually being charged through Apple or Amazon, since those two sites do have the new card. I have also signed into my HBO account from a FireStick and through my AppleId. Is there anyway to verify those two options?

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@zseibert  whenever you sign up for a service such as HBO Max it’s always best to sign up directly on that website. If you want Netflix go to netflix.com and sign up. Never do it through any type of third-party such a Roku. As far as your billing issues your financial institution should be able to take care of that. If you log into your Roku account and see no subscriptions for HBO or anything Warner media then it’s not Roku. If you signed up for something you should know how you are paying for it. But again this sounds like a problem to handle with your finance solicitation to get to the bottom of it. Cancel your card and have them refund you the charges. Then cancel any third-party billing you might have. and if you want HBO Max then sign up directly on HBO’s website. do not fill it through Apple Pay or Prime.

0 Kudos
zseibert
Reel Rookie

@StreamerSue Okay, will do. I originally made the HBO account from their site. After I cancelled the subscription through HBO, I noticed the charges were coming in again and that my subscription had been resumed through Roku Pay. I have been trying to get to the bottom of this for a while but I will resolve this with my financial institution.

0 Kudos