Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Duckpal99
Channel Surfer

HBOmax subscription not showing up to cancel?

I am trying to cancel HBOmax and it said I was paying through roku pay. I logged into my roku account but HBO is not under subscriptions. I am positive this is my roku account because it has my TV linked. 

0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBOmax subscription not showing up to cancel?

@Duckpal99 

On your Roku device, go to Settings > System > About. Is the email address listed at the top the one you expected?

Also, find the HBO Max app on your Roku device. Click the Options button. On the popup menu, under "Move Channel" does the option say "Remove Channel" or "Manage Subscription?"

And, when you subscribed, you should have received an email confirming the subscription. Are you able to search your emails and confirm to which address the confirmation was sent?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Duckpal99
Channel Surfer

Hi thank you yes my email on my roku was the one I expected. The hbo account is under a different email but it still says I am paying through roku pay, I tried logging in to roku through that other email but I do not have an account under that. 
when I click for options on the hbo app I see remove channel I do not see manage subscription 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Duckpal99 

Everything so far is indicating that you do not have a subscription via Roku Pay with HBO Max. But that means it's time to dig a little deeper.

Have you ever had a Roku account under that other email address?

Do you still have access to that email address? If so, open a different browser and go to https://my.roku.com and try to log in with that other email address. If you don't know the password, try a password reset.

If you don't have any active subscriptions with Roku, you could remove your payment method from your account, via the Account page.

Oh, and just to clarify, you went to the HBO Max password reset page and requested a password reset for that other email address?

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Duckpal99
Channel Surfer

Yeah I just tried going into roku with the HBO email and it said there was no account with that email. But my bank app shows I’ve been paying for it and I’ve been using it so I know I made that purchase. 
I took off my payment info from roku, will this cancel the subscription?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Duckpal99 

Just to be clear, you have been able to watch HBO Max on your Roku?

When you launch the HBO Max app, are you logged in?

If so, when you go to Settings > Account, does your information appear there? It should give your name, your email address, and how you are billed, and the amount. Does it say you're billed through Roku? Does it say Warner Media Direct? Or what?

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Duckpal99
Channel Surfer

Yes my hbo app says my name and email, it says billed through roku, and my bank app says I was billed by “roku for Warner Media”

DBDukes

@Duckpal99 

Grab a screen shot of that and await a response from @Jeremiah-Roku who is the primary contact for billing. If he asks for it, PM it to him, rather than post on the public forum.

Oh, and if there are no other Roku Pay subscriptions, go ahead and remove your payment method from your account just in case. But @Jeremiah-Roku should be able to run this down behind the scenes.

DBDukes

Duckpal99
Channel Surfer

Thank you so much for you help! It’s so confusing for me. 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@Duckpal99  It’s always best when you want to subscribe to a streaming service You subscribe directly to that service on their website. Don’t go through Roku. You can always cancel your HBO Max through Roku And make an account directly on HBO site itself

0 Kudos