Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1Dettedette
Reel Rookie

Re: I keep getting charged for Roku Warner media what’s that?

Jump to solution

Here is the answer to your question per Roku chat line Warner Media is the name Roku have to use if you subscribe to HBOMax they no longer can use the name hbomax for billing description 

0 Kudos
AnthonyS1

Jump to solution

I've been having this same issue with them. I also reported it to the Better Business Bureau. They've been charging me since February until now. I think I will just have my bank send me another card, so I don't have to worry about it anymore. But it is really shady how they charge the little guy, and no one cares. 

Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @AnthonyS1, we understand being charged for content you do not have access to is frustrating but don't worry we are here to help. We are going to send you a private message so we can collect some account and billing information from you on a more secure channel. Please look out for a message from us! 

1Dettedette
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes I spoke with someone regarding this if you subscribe to HBO Max Roku can no longer used the name HBO Max so they call it Roku Warner Media.

0 Kudos
1Dettedette
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The name took the place of HBO Max if you subscribed to it.  Roku can’t use the name HBO Max name anymore 

0 Kudos
shelb

Jump to solution

This is getting on my nerves hard to afford gas and getting charged for something I don't even know what it is

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@shelb wrote:

This is getting on my nerves hard to afford gas and getting charged for something I don't even know what it is

The answers have been provided above. If you subscribe to HBO Max (or possibly some other channel), it's a legitimate charge. Log into your Roku user account (https://my.roku.com) and look for any subscriptions there. If there's a subscription there that you don't want to keep, you can unsubscribe there.

If there's nothing there, then Roku isn't billing you and you need to contest the charges with your CC company. Also, the lack of a legitimate subscription likely means your CC information has been stolen, and you should cancel that card and get it replaced. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @shelb, we see you're having problems with one of the charges you're receiving. No worries, we're here to help out! The steps given by @atc98092 are a good place to start. Just in case you checked online and didn't find anything or have any other questions, we'll be reaching out to you here on The Roku Community. You'll see our message in your inbox, which you can check by clicking the mail icon at the top of your page. We look forward to hearing back from you so we can start digging into this.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

You've signed up for HBOMax and you forgot about doing so, probably started a free trial that you had intended on cancelling after 7 to 14 days to avoid being billed for a  monthly subscription for the next 12 months. Enjoy the programming, you bought it. White Lotus is an OK show.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are inquiring about a "Roku Warner Media" charge from your account.

This charge is for a Max channel subscription billed through Roku Pay. Max channel is formerly known as HBO Max channel.

If you noticed this charge on your credit card or bank statement. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to handle it:

1. Check if you have an active subscription by logging into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicking Subscriptions.
  2. Review the recurring charge
  3. Create a Roku PIN for your account to avoid any further unwanted purchases on your Roku account in the future. For more information about using a Roku PIN, visit our Support page here: How to create, reset, or remove your Roku PIN | Official Roku Support
  4. If you continue to have questions about a charge, feel free to contact Roku Support at https://support.roku.com/contactus

We hope that's helpful, Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator