Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bygrac3alon3
Reel Rookie

Friendly not playing after paying for subscription

We purchased Friendly through our Roku, the money was taken out of our account but do not have access to watch anything in it. It says we have to buy a subscription still.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Friendly not playing after paying for subscription

Are you trying to watch it on The Roku Channel or through its app?  A subscription for one isn't good for the other.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Bygrac3alon3
Reel Rookie

Through its app that was added automatically when I purchased the subscription with my Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bygrac3alon3,

Thanks for responding to us, we'd like to know more about the issue of your Friendly channel.

• Do you see any error messages when trying to open it?
  • How long have you been experiencing this issue?

We will wait for your response to this. In the meantime, you can follow these steps on how to resolve a channel playback issue.

Many thanks,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bygrac3alon3
Reel Rookie

We bought the subscription through the Roku last week. I can go into the app but cannot watch any content. I get one of two messages “Wow you have great taste! You will need an ad-on to watch this program”, or “subscribe to watch”. Please either refund my money or turn on the subscription.

0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bygrac3alon3,

Thanks for responding to us. Please be advised that you must access the stand-alone app if your subscription is directly from the channel provider. If you have trouble accessing the channel, we highly suggest you contact the channel provider directly regarding this concern because many channels/apps on Roku are created, maintained, and updated by the channel providers themselves.

For the Roku channel subscription, you have to watch the channel through TRC (The Roku Channel). If accessing TRC has any issues regarding your subscription, we advise you to contact our Accounts and Billing team, the experts handling this issue. You can contact them here: Contact us.

Many thanks,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos