Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: FRUSTRATED stop taking my money

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are inquiring about a charge. 

As a first step, we recommend verifying if you currently do not have any active subscriptions by logging into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicking Manage your subscriptions.

Secondly, we highly suggest creating a Roku PIN for your account to avoid any further unwanted purchases on your Roku account in the future. For more information about using a Roku PIN, visit our Support page here: How to create, reset, find, or delete your PIN for your Roku account | Official Roku Support

Lastly, if you continue to have questions about a charge, feel free to contact Roku support at https://support.roku.com/contactus

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,
Mary

tcarcio
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Fubo is now just like all the other tv providers they just want your money. I was paying $64.99 a month and in less than a year it has gone to $88.99 They told me that not only did the regular fee go from $64.99 to $74.99 but now I have to pay a regional sports package fee of $14.99 a month for sports channels I already had in the original package I bought. 😠

0 Kudos
GLHardin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku has been doing the same thing with me since July or 2021 for a subscription for HULU that I canceled in June 2021.  

I tried contacting them by phone and it is a big run around.  I went through HULU who got someone on the phone with me.. While explaining that they have been billing me in error, it appears they hung up on me.  

I'm going to distance myself from this company.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @GLHardin

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We apologize to hear about your experience. We suggest you to contact our Billing support team as you still needed additional help with the charges. For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: then choose 'Account, payments & subscription'. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

Let us know if you have any other concerns. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
GLHardin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nimfa,

I clicked on the link you provided. I end up at my Purchase History and it only allows me to ask about those items.

What is happening is that Roku is charging my Credit Card for a purchase of Hulu that doesn't even show up on my Purchase History on the Roku website as something that I purchased.

Based on other comments here in this Community forum, this appears to be common practice for Roku.

If I don't hear from someone in the next day or so, my next call is going to be to the the Authorities here in Colorado to ask Them to look into this practice of Roku's.

0 Kudos
Wildrose
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Did you look on the Hulu site to see what they show? Hulu.com/account ..

0 Kudos
GLHardin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Wildrose 

I did contact Hulu by phone.  There hooked me up with a person from Roku.  The Roku person hung up on me while  I was explaining my issue.

0 Kudos
Wildrose
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I'm sorry about that it can be frustrating sometimes.  If it doesn't show on the Roku. Account/subscription page then is it possible that you used a different email at one time? I did that once and borked up stuff. (I have multiple devices bought at different times so wasn't thinking when I set them up). Anyway just a thought.

0 Kudos
GLHardin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did find another account that I was paying for.  

I apologize for blaming the payment on Roku.  I was just so frustrated that there was no one from Roku that was easily accessible  to help me with this.  

Ek37334

Jump to solution

You will not find much assistance at Roku account support, you will be pointed elsewhere into circles until you have worn your carpets out! My billing issues between Roku & Philo are not resolved after multiple attempts and everyone else is at fault. The only escalation is to wait to talk to another agent in person, who also can’t seem to see anything about why a billing event is performed or not.

As a longtime Roku user I am shopping for another provider who can respond and fix billing issues the first time.

0 Kudos