Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpgcena
Binge Watcher

Don't buy direct from Roku

I strongly recommend that you do not buy your Roku product directly from Roku. Rather I suggest you look at retail outlets such as Best Buy or Target Etc. The reason is this: if you should run into a problem and need to return your Roku device to Roku Incorporated you will have to pay the shipping charge back to them. I bought a Roku Express from Roku directly and paid $19 for it. It was DOA right out of the box. No HDMI signal at all. I hooked my original Roku 3900 back up and it worked just fine. Roku will not pay for return shipping. It cost me $10.85 to return a $19 item to them for a refund. If I had bought it at Best Buy (for the same price) I could have simply returned it and got another one from best buy. Buying directly from Roku is a big risk.

17 REPLIES 17
ReginaHart
Channel Surfer

Re: Don't buy direct from Roku

I concur 100%!  I purchased Roku hardware as a gift and learned afterward that it would not be suitable for the recipients. I paid $25 to return the hardware to Roku. The return package was delivered to Roku over a week ago, and I have not received my refund. Customer service cannot locate the package. Buyer beware! Purchase your Roku hardware at a local retailer. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ReginaHart,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, please be noted that our support team responded via email recently. Please check your email from our support team, they will be assisting you from there. 

We appreciate your patience with this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ReginaHart
Channel Surfer

I am still waiting for my refund.

Order date: 11/16/2022
Order number: 105591766
Item: Roku Ultra - 4802R
Qty: 2
Cost: $148.38

Return instructions received: 11/25/2022
RMA #: 464669
Return mailed at a cost of $25 to me: 11/26/2022 (with RMA# on exterior of package with a copy of the return instructions and RMA inside)
USPS Tracking Number: 9511615184212330190608
Delivered to Roku (Contec, c/o Roku Inc. 302 Enzo Dr. , San Jose, CA 95138):  11:47 AM on November 28, 2022

No refund received as of 12/8/2022.  
Called and emailed Roku (‪816-272-8106) to report the problem on 12/8/2022.
Support tickets: 6578200 and 6578201 

Roku's response:

VXI/MA-Norman Capulong, Dec 8, 2022, 12:21 PST:

Hello, 

Thank you for contacting Roku account billing support. As discussed in our phone conversation, I have created this support case for your reported (playback, remote, order, network, etc.) issue. Our device support team can follow up and will be providing further assistance.

You can expect a response within 24 hours. 

Regards,
Roku Customer Support

I am still waiting for my refund.

0 Kudos
ReginaHart
Channel Surfer

You're suddenly very quiet @RokuMary-FI still haven't received the refund for the order that I returned.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ReginaHart,

Thanks for following up.

I can see that you’ve been in contact with our Support team regarding your inquiry. Rest assured that I’ve escalated your RMA support request. For now, kindly anticipate further updates from our Support team through your email as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thank you for your kind understanding regarding this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ReginaHart
Channel Surfer

@RokuMary-F, rest assured that if I don't receive a refund from Roku within 24 hours, I will submit the transaction to PayPal's resolution center.  

0 Kudos
ReginaHart
Channel Surfer

@RokuMary-FI still haven't received the email I was promised nor have I received my refund.

0 Kudos
Retne

This is a terrible policy. I have to say, reading this and one other forum post (how to register without a credit card) has made me wonder how long my move from other devices to Roku will last.

0 Kudos
Saundersj

In the past, I have ordered two items directly from them with no trouble. This time, however, they sent me the wrong item and are very slow to rectify their mistake. Ordered Roku ultra, package came with two day delivery as promised. November 29. Wrong item. Sent one that was half price paid (yes they have their money and no I do not have the product I paid for) a stick instead.
Have emailed back-and-forth several times. Repeat emails trying to get their attention. Sent the pictures they requested twice. Confirmed my address twice.  Still waiting for a response after that.

I saw on their website you could notify them about fraud. Considered filling it out and putting that their company is the fraud.

0 Kudos