Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slider9499
Channel Surfer

Cutting the Cord - how do I sign-up for change MAX and other apps on ROKU?

7/13

Good morning.

I am cutting the cord and disconnecting my tv service, Optimum. But, I have several subscriptions currently associated to Optimum (Prime, MAX, etc), all of which are available via ROKU. When I cut the cord, those subscriptions will end. How do I go about signing up for those same subscriptions via ROKU?

I DO NOT want to transfer my subscription from Optimum to ROKU. I am canceling the streaming services associated with Optimum and I need to start fresh, and sign up for those same subscriptions via ROKU.

How do I do that?

Thank you,
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cutting the Cord - how do I sign-up for change MAX and other apps on ROKU?

Hi @slider9499,

Thanks for posting here at the Roku Community!

We'd be more than happy to assist you regarding your concern.

Like you access an “app store” on your smartphone to add new applications, you access the Roku Store to add new channels or apps to your Roku streaming player or Roku TV. Some apps require a paid subscription or a one-time charge, while many others are free. 

You can browse for apps/channels on Roku Channel Store, make a subscription, and add them to your device/TV.

If you need further clarification and assistance, let us know!

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos