Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amussue
Reel Rookie

Charged for a subscription I don’t have! How do you get help??

Jump to solution

I’m so aggravated.  Why can you not talk to a person?  Today I realized I am being charged 7.41 for Hulu thru roku each month.  My charge says roku for Hulu . Who only knows how long this has been going on.  I’ve been thru the customer support questions that says in the beginning agents but it’s not.  Same questions then repeats me back to the same questions.  I’ve been trying for two hours.  
     Under my subscriptions I have no subscriptions.  But I, am being charged for Hulu.  How do I cancel this if it’s not even listed on my act to start with.  Do I have another account?  Is my card  on someone else’s act? How do I find out and delete it.  No telling how long this has been going on and the money I have wasted!  Is there a phone number because I’m not seeing it?  What do I do? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Charged for a subscription I don’t have! How do you get help??

Jump to solution

Hey @M2ylily

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here and then choose Accounts, payments & subscriptions. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Amussue, we can definitely see how not being able to reach someone is frustrating, but no worries, we're here to help! We see you're receiving charges for a Hulu subscription that isn't under your Roku account. For us to look into this, we will be reaching out through direct message to collect some details from you. Please keep an eye on your inbox for our message so we can help you out. 

0 Kudos
Dmm1965

Jump to solution

Hulu is good at doing this kind of stuff. If you are being charged on your credit card, then contact your credit card company and file a dispute. I had this happen to me with hulu twice. It showed online that I had no hulu account  but they were charging me for it.  Just call your credit card company. also you can have them cancel your  credit card and just get it replaced.  I have had issues with hulu at least 2 times,I dont trust hulu anymore ,DONE WITH THE CROOKS 

0 Kudos
Amussue
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a message from hector to help and I cannot reply or finishing reading the whole message....  hector it’s for $7.41 a month. Bank statement says Roku for Hulu

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Amussue, if you really want to get someone's attention put "@" in front of their user name as in @Hector-Roku .  It will turn into a highlighted link and the person will receive a notification that they've been tagged as I just did with Hector so he will know to return to this thread.  Otherwise he would probably be waiting for you to reply to his private message and may not revisit this thread for a while.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Please note that if a scammer has somehow gotten hold of your credit card information,  he can place a bogus charge and name it anything he likes.  The smarter ones give it the same name as is used by a legitimate charge in the hope it will go unnoticed and unchallenged.  So the fact that it says "Roku for Hulu" doesn't necessarily mean it really is from either Roku or Hulu.  

We've had complaints from people who never had Roku accounts at all that still get bogus charges claiming to be from Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Amussue, thanks for reaching back out! If you're unable to respond to our message here on the Roku Community, we have also sent out an email to you directly. Please check your personal inbox for our message so that we can continue to assist. If you have any issues with this, let us know!

0 Kudos
Barbara54

Jump to solution

Hello my name is Barbara Dupree and I’m wondering why am I getting charged so much ever other week Roku going into my account trying withdraw money for subscription that they take out every two or three weeks not understanding this n then charging me 35 dollars 23 dollar and keep trying charge for various amounts why 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Barbara54

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here and then choose Accounts, payments & subscriptions. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
KM98

Jump to solution

I have received a charge on my bill for Roku CBS Interactive and I have no idea what this charge is for, and I have not authorized it.  I have tried all of the steps you stated to find out but there is no way to talk to anyone!!!!

0 Kudos