Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluejacket472
Channel Surfer

Cannot unsubscribe to the channel

Jump to solution

It's been about two weeks now that nothing works. The remote turns tv on, volume up and down works, and that's it. One day it worked, the next day was like I didn't even have it. I didn't actually hook it up, so I don't even know where "the device" is, or what it's connected to. I thought it was wireless to my router somehow. My intent was to unsubscribe cause I'm paying and getting nothing, but I worked today on my day off, so it didn't happen yet.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku channel NOT working at all

Jump to solution

@bluejacket472,

Thanks for the post!

We would suggest taking a closer look at your account at https://my.roku.com/ and selecting subscriptions to see if you're seeing added services.

If you still need a hand, we recommend you get in touch with one of our Account and billing experts for further assistance.

You can contact them here and select Account, Payments, and Subscriptions.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@bluejacket472,

Thanks for the post!

We would suggest taking a closer look at your account at https://my.roku.com/ and selecting subscriptions to see if you're seeing added services.

If you still need a hand, we recommend you get in touch with one of our Account and billing experts for further assistance.

You can contact them here and select Account, Payments, and Subscriptions.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Cannot unsubscribe to the channel

Jump to solution

@bluejacket472 When your device worked do you recall what you were watching for example:  Netflix, Hulu, Roku channel, YouTube?    The device is connected to an HDMI port on your TV and uses your Wifi from your router.  There is no subscription for a Roku device so nothing to unsubscribe to for the device.  Having said that there are multiple subscription services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Video, etc.... that work on a Roku device.  Do you have easy access to the back of your TV?  If you have access to the back of the TV you should be able to see what HDMI input the Roku device is connected to.  If you have the TV remote change the TV to that input and hit the home button(looks like a house) on your Roku remote.  

0 Kudos
bluejacket472
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That was the most helpful comment so far, but as far as subscribing/unsubscribing what then shall I call it when I see a charge from ROKU on my CC statement every month? A gratuity?

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@bluejacket472 Are you able to access your Roku device from your TV?  If you can go to settings and determine the email address of your Roku account.  Then go to a computer and login to that Roku account.  You should see your subscription listed and be able to cancel there.   How much is the charge on your credit card?  That may help us determine what the charge is for. 

0 Kudos
bluejacket472
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The ROKU remote only turns on and off the television, plus volume control. No other options or access functions. The monthly charge is $16.98.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@bluejacket472 Do you have the remote that came with your TV?  If so try changing the input or source using the TV remote.

0 Kudos
bluejacket472
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I suspect that at this point, I am so pissed off that I am unable to talk to anyone, I'm going through my credit card provider to block the charges. My ex-wife set this thing up, then moved out, and I do not know the GD password to get into the account. I am fit to be tied. I have been charged the last 3 months for NO SERVICE. If I don't hear from somebody real soon, I'll tell them to go pound sand when they ask for the equipment back. email, shemon2@yahoo.com.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bluejacket472,

We appreciate the update regarding the charges on your account.

For us to extend our assistance, could you please send us a private message by clicking the name of the user to proceed to the profile? Then, select the option "Send this user a private message".

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bluejacket472
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am still being charged and not receiving service. I work a lot of hours, and I don't have a lot of time to figure out the run around on the website.  There's no phone number to talk to anyone. This needs to be resolved. Charging my card for a service I am not receiving is an issue that should be taken seriously.  Please contact me.

I clicked on your name to see your profile, the "Send this user a private message" link was not readily conspicuous.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.