Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeeRight22
Channel Surfer

Canceling a Disney Plus subscription

I am trying to cancel Disney plus from my Roku. I first went to Disney Plus and it told me to go to my Roku account. When I followed the directions on the Roku site there was no “manage subscription” listed after hitting the * after selecting the app on my Roku.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Canceling a Disney Plus subscription

@BeeRight22 

If you subscribed to Disney Plus through Roku, you should be able to see it at https://my.roku.com (be sure to log in there) and going to the Manage your subscriptions page.

If it's listed there, you should see a "cancel" option.

If it's not listed there, then you're not subscribing through Disney Plus and are probably subscribing directly.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
BeeRight22
Channel Surfer

@DBDukes 

I've gone to Disney Plus and it said to manage through Roku. I’ve gone to MyRoku and the app is not listed. I followed one of your feeds to manage subscription on the Roku box bu that won’t work either. Anymore ideas that might be helpful?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@BeeRight22 wrote:

@DBDukes 

I've gone to Disney Plus and it said to manage through Roku. I’ve gone to MyRoku and the app is not listed. I followed one of your feeds to manage subscription on the Roku box bu that won’t work either. Anymore ideas that might be helpful?

What I suggest was NOT on the Roku device. It was in a Web browser. Did you go to the Web page on your computer? Did you find the Web page on your computer?

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
BeeRight22
Channel Surfer

Yes I’ve done that but I run in to the same thing as above. Keep being directed in circles.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@BeeRight22 

If you went to the Manage your subscriptions page and did not see a Disney Plus subscription, then Roku isn't the one billing you.

If Disney can't find your account, then it may be the email address for the subscription isn't what you think.

Open the Disney Plus app and go into the sidebar on the left, all the way down to Settings. Go into that.

There should be an option for Account. Go into that.

At the top should be the email address for the account. At the very bottom, in small print, should be instructions on how to manage the account.

How does it say to manage? And is the email address what you thought?

DBDukes

0 Kudos
BeeRight22
Channel Surfer

I did that and when I get into the Disney Plus account it directs me to MyRoku. That’s the Circe I’ve been going in?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@BeeRight22 

Let's slow down and deal with this in smaller steps.

Did you go to the app on your Roku and check Settings > Account?

Is it the email address you expected?

What did the instructions at the bottom say?

DBDukes

0 Kudos
BeeRight22
Channel Surfer

Never mind, I called Disney Plus and they assisted.

0 Kudos
lobuxracer
Reel Rookie

I'm having the exact same problem, but I've been on the phone/chatted with Disney for two hours now and they tell me I need to call Roku.  Exact same symptoms - myroku site says I have no active subscriptions, but Disney Plus shows "go to Roku to manage your account" so I end up in an infinite loop. Worst of all, I don't see any record of how this subscription got paid.  I see payments for the bundle I previously had and I was able to unsubscribe from the bundle with no issues, but my annual Disney subscription is still active even though my renewal date was November 24th.  I am baffled.

0 Kudos