Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Okayfine

CBS Interactive charges, Roku says I have no subscriptions.

Jump to solution

I have had a recurring charge since last November for "Roku for CBS Interactiv," $4.99 each. I went to cancel through my Roku account, but it says I have no active subscriptions. I am not subscribed to Paramount Plus in any capacity, and they don't even have a $4.99 tier, so I'm at a loss for what this could possibly be.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: CBS Interactive charges, Roku says I have no subscriptions.

Jump to solution

Hi @Bluejean,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be aware that all transactions from Roku appear with the company name ("Roku") on credit card and bank statements.

I would highly recommend creating a Roku PIN for your account to avoid any further unwanted purchases on your Roku account in the future. For more information about How to create, reset, find, or delete your PIN for your Roku account | Official Roku Support

You may also refer to this link: What to do if there is a charge you do not recognize | Official Roku Support

For further assistance, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team. Please contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the options for "Account, payments & subscriptions" and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Don't rule out the possibility that your credit card is compromised and some scammer is using it.  Unrecognized charges should always be reported to your financial institute.  If you have multiple Roku devices you may have unwittingly set up multiple Roku accounts.  Check the email address on each device that's displayed under Settings->System->About.  If you've checked your subscriptions on your account(s) at https://my.roku.com and none show up then I'm afraid Roku won't be of much help with getting to the bottom of it, but problems like this are always referred to http://support.roku.com/contactus on this forum.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

Jump to solution

Hello! I also have noticed this exact same thing about a month ago. $4.99 Roku CBS charge on bank account and no subscriptions in my Roku account. Weirdest thing... Yesterday I paid for an auto mechanic out of town and I was sent a text to verify that it was me making the purchase. On my phone it said $___ amount for "Auto Service" and a separate line saying $4.99 Roku CBS. The lady at the shop had no idea what that was about either. So now that's 2x in two completely different ways this has come up. WTF???  

0 Kudos
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @ArielBrackeen, That sounds frustrating. We are gonna reach out to you via private message so we can collect some more information to help look into these unfamiliar charges you are receiving.

0 Kudos
Crystalsuz

Jump to solution

I have same issue

Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Crystalsuz, we are here to help! We are going to send you a private message so we can get a little more information about the issue you are experiencing and we can assist in getting this matter resolved.

0 Kudos
Me_again

Jump to solution

I too have a $61.26 charge pending on my chckg account. I have no subscriptions with Roku and also his came out of my account last year around this time. Can someone from Roku please contact me.

0 Kudos
Peggy1220

Jump to solution

I have this issue also. It's been showing up on my bank account for months. I was thinking it was a sports channel or something.  

0 Kudos
COLTIE
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

ME TOO!  HOW DO WE GE RID OF IT???

COLTIE
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I JUST READ SOMETHING ABOUT CBS BEING PART OF PARAMOUNT PLUS.   I GUESS WE'D HAVE TO UNSUBSCRIBE PARAMOUNT PLUS TO GET RID OF THE CBS.  I DON'T WATCH IT MUCH ANYMORE SO I MIGHT HAVE TO DO JUST THAT.  THEN I'D SAVE MONEY ON 2 ACCOUNTS FOR ONE CHANNEL!!

Tags (1)