Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tony64
Reel Rookie

Black Friday Promotions (Paramount) Price Jumps before Promo Ends

I subscribed to Paramount+ for $3.99 a month for 3 months - THEN- if I dont cancel, the price would go up to 11.99.  I got an email today saying starting on December 25- I will be getting charge 11.99 a full 2 months before original promotion was supposed to end- Because of this, I had similar sign ups through Roku with Star, AMC+, peacock, MGM but I quickly cancelled the auto-renew not to get charged.  Why would this happen- My original Roku account page doesnt say this.  A bummer I wanted to enjoy the other channels through the promo period- But alas- is there anyway to Contact Roku?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Gregj2
Reel Rookie

Re: Black Friday Promotions (Paramount) Price Jumps before Promo Ends

Same problem. I'm on the phone with Roku now - getting bounced around by people who don't seem to know what to do about it. Nice people, but not providing much help at the moment. Call 816-272-8106 before you cancel the autorenew. 

Call center in India, just fyi

0 Kudos
Gregj2
Reel Rookie

So, i was assured that the promotional price will remain in effect for the next month...  here's hoping

0 Kudos
Tony64
Reel Rookie

So.....I did get ahold of Roku- They transferred me to paramount +- Why?  I don't know.  The keyboard # prompts were not working so I couldn't get to them.  Called Roku back.  They directly connected me to them.  The guy at paramount said that they have no promotion on Black Friday with Roku????   Called Roku back today- Told them I have a screenshot of my subscription account with Paramount ending on February 22nd.  They said they are sorry and immediately forwarding my concern to another division who will get back to me in 24-48 hours.  This is the email I got from Roku before all this happened

We hope you’ve been enjoying Paramount+ with SHOWTIME® On The Roku Channel!

We’re reaching out to remind you that your special offer price is ending soon. Starting on Dec 25, 2023, you’ll be charged the regular price of $11.99/Month.

You can make changes to your plan or turn off auto-renew anytime by going to your Roku account. To keep enjoying Paramount+ with SHOWTIME® On The Roku Channel, no additional action is needed.

Thanks and Happy Streaming!
The Roku Team

So crazy but I cancelled everything because I'm scared everything would've auto-renewed at regular price and no one in a customer service industry to turn to.   Thanks Greg for your reply

0 Kudos
Pappaw96

Having the same problem, saying promo good thru Feb 24, but gonna charge my card tomorrow full price. How did you find the phone number for Roku Support?

0 Kudos
Gregj2
Reel Rookie

I was working through the faq section and somehow got to the contact us section. It provided the option to call. Number is listed in my earlier post. 

0 Kudos
Tony64
Reel Rookie

Still no help- Got ahold of someone again next day- Ended with "I can't help you but we will contact you within 24-48 hours- No explanation of what method contact would be- there is zero chain of command here at Roku- Later, that day, it appeared their form of contact was sending me a survey?????

0 Kudos
Tony64
Reel Rookie

I found it by endless clicking- It is 816-272-8106.  But check this out, I called and got someone else the next day.  After 30 minutes or so, all she could tell me was that Roku would be contacting me in the next 24-48 hours with a response. There is no chain of command at this call center.  I red them  (you cant email anyone)this screenshot of my account immediately after I had subscribed

Welcome to Paramount+ with SHOWTIME® On The Roku Channel
Your subscription details
CHANNEL
Paramount+ with SHOWTIME® On The Roku Channel
YOUR PLAN
$3.99 per month for the first 3 month, then $11.99 per month

Then I read the the email I got

We hope you’ve been enjoying Paramount+ with SHOWTIME® On The Roku Channel!

We’re reaching out to remind you that your special offer price is ending soon. Starting on Dec 25, 2023, you’ll be charged the regular price of $11.99/Month.

You can make changes to your plan or turn off auto-renew anytime by going to your To keep enjoying Paramount+ with SHOWTIME® On The Roku Channel, no additional action is needed.

Senseless.  They won't even acknowledge they sent the email.  How many other thousands got it.  So frustration.  so I wound up cancelling ALL accounts I had with the promotion because it would be a nightmare if they all started to auto-renew at regular price.  Hope that helps.

0 Kudos