Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terimontoya67
Reel Rookie

Being charged for a trial

I ordered AMC Plus 7-Day free trial in less than 24 hours I was billed almost $100 what's up with that cannot get hold anyone I can't believe I'm having to do this stupid post just to give a reaction this is happened with AMC only before should have never did it again

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Being charged for a trial

@Terimontoya67 

First, if you subscribed via Roku, then the subscription will show on your Subscriptions page. To to that page and find it, then cancel if you don't want it.

If the billing was incorrect, go to the Roku Customer Support page and submit a Billing issue.

Then, reach out to @Jeremiah-Roku about the issue. He's the primary Roku contact for billing issues.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Streamer317
Roku Guru

Log into your Roku account. Does it say you are subscribed? Did you order it through Roku? Some companies put a hold on a card but not an actual charge. Does it say pending in your bank account? Does it say it’s from Roku? 

0 Kudos
Terimontoya67
Reel Rookie

Yes it's true Roku said I was subscribed well I cancelled I definitely being charged call my credit card

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Terimontoya67 

If you've confirmed that the cancelation is recorded on that page, print out a copy of that page for your records, unless of course you got an email confirmation of cancelation, which would suffice.

Next, follow the other instructions presented earlier.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Terimontoya67
Reel Rookie

I'm sorry but can I ask is prosody the same as a hold

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Terimontoya67 wrote:

I'm sorry but can I ask is prosody the same as a hold

Um, I think you made a typo. What was the question?

DBDukes

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@Terimontoya67 wrote:

I ordered AMC Plus 7-Day free trial in less than 24 hours I was billed almost $100 what's up with that cannot get hold anyone I can't believe I'm having to do this stupid post just to give a reaction this is happened with AMC only before should have never did it again

Does this indicate you have subscribed to AMC Plus before?  Generally, one of the limitations for receiving a free trial from most services is that it is valid only for NEW subscriptions.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
demsd
Roku Guru

@makaiguy wrote:

Does this indicate you have subscribed to AMC Plus before?  Generally, one of the limitations for receiving a free trial from most services is that it is valid only for NEW subscriptions.

What does that have to do with the OP being charged almost $100? AMC+ is $8.99/month.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
DBDukes

@demsd wrote:

... What does that have to do with the OP being charged almost $100? AMC+ is $8.99/month.

The annual plan is $84.

@Terimontoya67 wrote:

I ordered AMC Plus 7-Day free trial in less than 24 hours I was billed almost $100 ...

That's near enough that it seemed to me to be what OP was talking about.

DBDukes